Medium: Talk to the Hand TV Show  » TV  »
  • One thing I noticed is that Detective Lee Scanlon was fine and well after a near fatal wound in the prior episode, which is a little unreal to me

• by Orrymain

Medium: Talk to the Hand had a very different beginning. The opening teaser has Alison with Mr. Bill about safety. Mr. Bill was such a contemporary figure a couple of decades back. I was never that amused with him, but once you see him, it’s hard to forget him.

What we discover early on is that Alison had a cooking accident that burned her arm, so much so that she had

to have a skin graft. As it turned out, the skin came from a dead person and now Alison can’t control her hand; her hand and arm are giving her clues to a murder. That’s pretty standard. I really didn’t find anything surprising or new from this. I feel like I’ve seen it before, not once, but many times.

One thing I noticed is that Detective Lee Scanlon was fine ...

• and well after a near fatal wound in the prior episode, which is a little unreal to me. There’s just no continuity there, and in TV today, we should be beyond that. Both shows like Hawaii 5-0 and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation have handled situations like this much better and in a more credible way.

Alison’s daughter Bridget had a bigger part in this outing. She has a soccer coach, only

he’s dead. After her parents tell her she’s cheating, she goes through an emotional discovery where she has to develop her own true confidence while facing some harsh truths. Overall, she did a nice job.

As for guest stars, a few were somewhat impressive. Katherine Sigismund as Coach Amy Gabler, Stan Egi as the surgeon, Gregg Henry as Coach Swanson, and Marc Vann as Wayne Lundgren, one of the murderers, were solid.

Cindy says :

Could you please tell me the name of the song and the artist who performed Take My Hand on the show? I love it Thanks, Cindy

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103111318080330/k2311a113/11.3.10