The Amazing Race: Run, Babushka, Run TV Show  » TV  »
  • Run, Babushka, Run was the latest installment of the popular reality show, The Amazing Race
  • I think the reason this show is so popular isn't the race, but rather, the locations that the contestants go to and the way we are educated about various ways of living that we as viewers would never know about otherwise
  • I prefer to see the human victories, those who persevere when failure appears to be their only option

• by Orrymain

Run, Babushka, Run was the latest installment of the popular reality show, The Amazing Race. The two lady doctors, Nat and Kat, were the winners of the last leg, so they are the first to leave the pit stop. The ultimate destination was St. Petersburg, Russia, but by the time the next train was due to come, most of the teams end up being together again.

The images of St. Petersburg were fantastic. It

was like a travelogue or something. That said, the teams had to get down to business with a detour of music or screen.

I have to admit that I loved this option, even if it gave me a bit of a headache just listening to it. All those competing pianos playing their tunes — wow. The other alternative at the film lot was equally challenging. I love whoever thought of this detour.

• It was cultural and fun.

Then there was a roadblock that was a bit more hands on, as in with potatoes and cow manure. This is the moment when I know that I am a watcher and not a participant in The Amazing Race.

I think the reason this show is so popular isn’t the race, but rather, the locations that the contestants go to and the way we are educated about various ways of living that

we as viewers would never know about otherwise. There is so much that we learn which is presented in fun and exciting ways. It’s just great.

The forces of human nature are always at work, too. I get tired of listening to fights like those which go on regularly between Chad and Stephanie. It’s a doomed relationship. I prefer to see the human victories, those who persevere when failure appears to be their only option.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103111317720230/k2311a113/11.3.10