The Amazing Race: S17, Ep 4 TV Show  » TV  »
  • What I loved about this fourth episode of The Amazing Race's 17th season is that it showed the teams giving back a little by helping to renovate an elementary school
  • I love the Ice Hotel they stopped at to get their next clue
  • That's one of the best parts of this adventurous competition
  • I was really sorry to see what team lost because I've enjoyed them

• by Orrymain

What I loved about this fourth episode of The Amazing Race’s 17th season is that it showed the teams giving back a little by helping to renovate an elementary school. Survivor started giving back years ago, so why it’s taken The Amazing Race so long to realize that they have ways of doing that as well, I don’t know, but at least during this season, they did.

From Ghana, the teams head

for the Arctic Circle in Sweden, so that’s a big change in temperature. I love the Ice Hotel they stopped at to get their next clue. That was one intriguing place. That’s one of the best parts of this adventurous competition: we get to see so many unique places we might not see otherwise. This is where Michael and Kevin performed their speed bump, the penalty for coming ...

• in last in the prior episode. It certainly made me go ‘brrr’.

However, I’m not fond of the dogs pulling the sleigh in a race like manner. It’s a way of life that I just don’t approve of, so that part of the show I didn’t enjoy much at all.

I much preferred the detour that followed, Sleds or Beds. It was a combination of excitement and education, the excitement coming

from the speed on a sled course and the education from learning how to create this bed tent like structure.

The view on the sled course was just awesome, by the way. I loved watching that element of the hour.

I was really sorry to see what team lost because I’ve enjoyed them. They were fun, and that’s all I’ll say since I don’t want to spoil it. However, they were unique.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103111317650230/k2311a113/11.3.10