The Amazing Race: In Phil We Trust TV Show  » TV  »
  • The 17th season rolls on with The Amazing Race
  • The problem is that so many lacked observation skills
  • Overall, it was a good and interesting hour, showing us a part of the world we don't often see

• by Orrymain

The 17th season rolls on with The Amazing Race: In Phil We Trust in which the teams are in the African nation of Ghana. There were several things I noted about this hour long episode and some of those are noted below:

–The teams had a challenge where they essentially went to school for a geography lesson. Their graduation occurred when they could find Ghana on the map. It was amazing how bad the teams did in this, although I have to admit that I couldn’t

do it either. As a nation, we’re failing in lifelong education.

–The children’s bike game was fascinating. The kids were seen running in fields, keeping a large bike wheel balanced with a stick. That’s what the teams had to do, and it wasn’t as easy as it looked. In fact, Michael, a local man from my neck of the woods, barely completed it. The only reason he and his son weren’t eliminated is that this was a non-elimination round of the show.

–Going along with ...

• the lack of common sense theme, in one portion of the show the teams had to solve a puzzle like map. The problem is that so many lacked observation skills. They didn’t even look around; their focus was too narrow.

–One guy treated his girlfriend so badly but the only good thing is that he eventually realized what he was doing and corrected himself. For me, it’s not fun to watch abusive couples.

–The singing team were great in the cab; I love to hear their vocals.

–As

I mentioned earlier, Kevin’s dad, Michael, felt very bad for not being able to finish his part, though he finally did. Michael and Kevin are local folks so our area was watching them. They are the You Tube sensations. I loved that Kevin was so understanding. His dad was dehydrated and needed medical assistance before he could continue. It was all about just finishing the leg.

Overall, it was a good and interesting hour, showing us a part of the world we don’t often see.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103111317640230/k2311a113/11.3.10