Hellcats: Ragged Old Flag TV Show  » TV  »
  • I do like her brief talk with Savannah about choosing friendship over law, but law is certainly taking much more of a backseat to the cheerleading, and I'm not convinced that should be the case, even though I know the show is ultimately about cheerleading
  • In fact, they are pretty much the best reason for tuning in
  • I never would have thought that Tisdale would be so strong, but in my opinion, she is the star

• by Orrymain

Alyson Michalka stars as law student and cheerleader scholarship holder, Marti Perkins, in Hellcats: Ragged Old Flag. In this outing, she has some division of unity between participating in a rather ridiculous football game between the girls volleyball team and the cheerleading squad or going on an important trip with her law group and teacher that would allow her to meet with movers and shakers in the law arena.

My concern with

this series is with some of Marti’s choices. I do like her brief talk with Savannah about choosing friendship over law, but law is certainly taking much more of a backseat to the cheerleading, and I’m not convinced that should be the case, even though I know the show is ultimately about cheerleading.

One of the regulars is Robbie Jones who plays Lewis Flynn. We learn that Lewis left football because ...

• the program was dirty with lots of payoffs. He has an awakening in this hour about his father that isn’t pleasant either. Their scenes are pretty powerful as they confront choices and terminology. In fact, they are pretty much the best reason for tuning in.

Ashley Tisdale continues to shine as the captain of the cheerleaders, Savannah Moore. Her odd friendship with Marti is crucial here as they actually

endure some conflict over the game and law trip. I never would have thought that Tisdale would be so strong, but in my opinion, she is the star. Her portrayal draws focus. In many ways, Savannah is more complex than Marti.

Overall, it was another solid episode, and it ended with drama that shows that even with victory, there can still be some defeat. I look forward to the next outing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103111317440230/k2311a113/11.3.10