Ghost Hunters Halloween Live TV Show
  • Yet, they were the best moments, the team full of laughter and joking around

• by Orrymain

For Halloween 2010, the SyFy Network aired a six hour live broadcast (well, if you were on the east coast anyway) called Ghost Hunters Halloween Live. I tuned in for the entire marathon broadcast and below are a few of my reactions.

–The overall was too much of a commercial, promoting just about every SyFy series on the air not to mention new vehicles with built in phone capabilities.

–The event took place at the Buffalo Central Terminal. We were given a

lot of history about it, but the action was stale. In fact, I’d say this outing was pretty much of a bust.

–In the past, some of these live episodes have been riveting. I’ve been really into some of them. Others were a disappointment, like the year they interspersed whole past episodes. The good news is that they had the team out there, all of them, and that makes a difference. The bad news is that the ghosts ...

• were out trick or treating.

–I like seeing more of the team just hanging out as they go about their business. My guess is that at least 80% of what we saw, we normally would not. These bits would be edited out. Yet, they were the best moments, the team full of laughter and joking around. You see more of why Grant and Jason are good friends. That part of the live broadcast worked.

–They did a lot of

hyping of new things while also announcing that Kris Williams had joined the international group, allowing Ghost Hunters Academy winner Adam Berry to join the A team.

–The celebrity guest stars were a bust in my opinion, although Meghan Rath made me chuckle. She got into the whole ghost thing a little.

–Josh Gates as the host tried, but I must say a lot of the interviewees, like Steve and Dave, weren’t very cooperative.

I would have liked more ghosts and less self promotion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103111317220130/k2311a113/11.3.10