Highway Patrol: Confession TV Show  » TV  »
  • I prefer the slightly less demanding version of Mathews myself

• by Orrymain

From 1959, Confession was the 36th episode to air in the final season, its fourth, of the police drama, Highway Patrol. This half hour series starred Broderick Crawford as Chief Dan Mathews and William Boyett as his number one helper of sorts, Sergeant Ken Williams. For me, it is Boyett who has the personality and kept this show entertaining.

This

story is about a bank robbery gone bad in which one of the thieves is killed. The kicker is that he is the one who knows where the money is. Apparently, so does his wife. The show then turns into a quest to get to the wife, who has her own ideas about what she wants her future to be.

I have to admit that the opening reminded me a little of Point Break, the Patrick Swayze movie, because the thieves wore masks. It’s not that the idea of plastic masks is unique to the movie, but it is where my mind went.

It is funny to me that Crawford seems to have returned to his original interpretation of the ...

• Highway Patrol: Confession TV Show
      character. I have no idea why things changed, but I noted in the last review that he had returned to his imposing bulldog like ways. His overly fast pace of speech hadn’t been present for a while, but he was talking a mile a minute here as he ordered everyone around. I prefer the slightly less demanding version
      of Mathews myself.

The guest stars all did a satisfactory job. I feel like I’ve seen some of them elsewhere, but I wasn’t able to match up their names with other shows. Barbara Collentine, Peter Miller, and Charles Quinlivan were three of them. As always, it was a pleasure to listen to the narration of the show as provided by Art Gilmore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103111317170130/k2311a113/11.3.10