Mystere In Las Vegas  » Theatre  »
Treasure Island in Las Vegas
  • As was the usual thing for us, it was a last minute decision to see this show, but we had no problem getting a seat there on a Wednesday night
  • This is good for watching the show, but bad if you don’t want to be noticed by the performers
  • Cirque, at its best can draw you into their magical world, and Mystere was one of the best

• by silli

Mystere was the last of the shows I went to on my trip to Las Vegas. “Mystere” and Cirque du Soleil’s “The Beatles’ LOVE” were playing in casinos next door to each other, and after reading some bad reviews of “LOVE “we decided on Mystere. As was the usual thing for us, it was a last minute decision to see this show, but we had no problem getting a seat there on a Wednesday night. In fact, we

were able to get the mid-range priced tickets, and we were only in the sixth row. Even better, the entire section in front of us was empty, so in essence, we were the front row of people. This is good for watching the show, but bad if you don’t want to be noticed by the performers. We had some close up interaction with some of them. One even rubbed on my shoulder, like a cat.

Of all the shows ...

• I’ve seen, I remembered the pre-show to this one most. One of the clowns pretended to be an usher and started showing people to the wrong seats. It was great to feel like the show was already going before the audience had completely arrived.

Once the real show begins, I had trouble knowing where to look. There is something going on everywhere, not just on stage, but in the audience, above the stage, and sometimes below it. Every act

was sensational and captivating. Cirque is a show that everyone knows they can bring their children to, because even the children will be interested. I didn’t see a single child squirm in their seat.

I never wanted the show to end, and when the finale began, I was hoping it was just the lead-in to an intermission because I wanted to stay all night. Cirque, at its best can draw you into their magical world, and Mystere was one of the best.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 323111317120130/k2311a113/11.3.10