Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Lotion in Winter Candy Apple  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I like how they come out with all of these fun holiday scents
  • Unfortunately, this is one of those newfangled hand lotions that is so non-greasy, it actually leaves my hands feeling dry
  • So I will recommend the Winter Candy Apple scent, but not the lotion
  • If you want to try that scent, then I think you should purchase it in the liquid hand soap

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I have so much fun browsing in Bath & Body Works during the holidays. I like how they come out with all of these fun holiday scents. And what’s more, you can purchase them in liquid hand soap, shower gel, or hand lotion. I purchased some of the scents from last year, including the Winter Candy Apple, and I like the liquid hand soap and shower gel. But I do not like the hand lotion! I am sorry that I did not try it on in the store first.

of all, I only smell the sweet candy scent when I take off the cap and sniff the opening of the tube. But after I put on the lotion and rub it into my hands, the candy scent disappears and then I smell a nice pleasant aroma that seems like flowers mixed with some spice. What happened to the candy scent?

But here comes the worse part. Unfortunately, this is one of those newfangled hand lotions that is so non-greasy, it actually leaves my hands feeling dry. It is formulated ...

• in such a way that it absorbs so thoroughly into my hands that my hands are left looking scaly and feeling unmoisturized. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of a hand lotion? Why would I want to put on a hand lotion that makes my hands dry if they were dry to begin with? I have seen other hand lotions out there like this, and I just don’t know what these companies are thinking.

So I will recommend the Winter Candy Apple scent, but not the lotion. The lotion is $4

for a 2 ounce tube, but don’t waste your money, folks. If you want to try that scent, then I think you should purchase it in the liquid hand soap. At least that cleansed my hands nicely, and the scent always smelled like candy. I do like that the lotion has an anti-bacterial formula, so that it helps to decrease the build up of bacteria on the skin. But it doesn’t moisturize my hands the way it should. Because of that, I will only give it a rating of 5.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313111317040130/k2311a113/11.3.10