Cold-Eze Sore Throat Lozenges  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • I decided that I would try them and see if they indeed did work better then Halls
  • I have to say that I was surprised at the cost of these lozenges
  • I paid $7.12 for a box of 18 cherry favored lozenges
  • However, I have to say that based upon my experience they do not work any better then Halls nor the Equate brand for that matter
  • I found them to be grossly over priced for what they are and do not meet the relief and soothing expectations that such a price would dictate

• by webgirl40

When I have a sore throat and cough, there are a few things that I usually keep with me at all times. One of these such things is a bag of throat lozenges. I usually use either the Equate or the Halls brand throat lozenges. However, I was at CVS one day looking for some tissues and I saw Cold-Eze brand throat lozenges. They were advertised to sooth and comfort a sore throat in minutes and also to help keep coughing at bay. I had never heard of the brand, so I asked the pharmacist and he said that while he had never personally tried them,

several of his family members used them and said that they worked better then Halls.

I decided that I would try them and see if they indeed did work better then Halls. I have to say that I was surprised at the cost of these lozenges. I paid $7.12 for a box of 18 cherry favored lozenges. I was a little irritated at such an outrageous price, but I figured that if they worked really well then they would be worth it. I sucked up the price and went home to nurse my sore throat and cough.

I took one lozenge and let it dissolve in ...

• my mouth. The cherry flavor was good up until the end then the lozenge took on a very medicinal flavor that completely over shadowed any cherry flavor that was remaining in my mouth. Let me say that the lozenges do work. They do provide relief from throat irritation and soreness as they dissolve and run down the throat. However, I have to say that based upon my experience they do not work any better then Halls nor the Equate brand for that matter.

I like the Halls for its cooling relief and the equate for the menthol lozenges. The Cold-Eze brand had neither of those

qualities but was almost twice the price. I also noticed that the relief given by this brand did not last near as long as the Halls and Equate brand. I had to have another lozenge within minutes of finishing this one. I was disappointed by that. I cannot say that I will try these lozenges again. I found them to be grossly over priced for what they are and do not meet the relief and soothing expectations that such a price would dictate. If you have a sore throat I would suggest the Halls Brand of the Equate brand lozenges they are cheaper and work better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263111316950130/k2311a113/11.3.10