Bose Companion 5 Series Speaker System
  • I've owned a Bose compact disc player and I love it
  • I like to play first person shooting games and my previous speakers were horrible
  • Since I had a good experience with my current Bose compact disc player, so I've decided to buy the speaker system, Companion 5 Series to be exact
  • I have to say that the whole thing took up less room than I thought it would
  • I can guarantee that this is the best out there

• by MisterTickle

I’ve owned a Bose compact disc player and I love it. The small player delivers surround sound. I’m not sure if it does or not, but I feel like that it does. I got the Bose Companion 5 Series Speaker System to match with my Alienware. I like to play first person shooting games and my previous speakers were horrible. When the volume was up high, I started to hear “cracks” and things basically more or less malfunctioning sounds. Since I had a good experience with my current Bose compact disc player, so I’ve decided to buy the speaker system, Companion 5 Series to be exact.

There are

three speakers. The first two are visible where I put on my desk beside my Alienware. The other speaker is a sub-woofer. The last thing is comes with is a volume control dial. This control dial is wired. It really doesn’t affect me that much whether or not it is wireless. I like it just the way it is. It is pretty cool. Unlike regular volume controls where it is a bar, this is a circle dial where turning up the volume is twisting the controller. I found a problem with this. I often get confused and mixed up with the volume up and volume down. When I ...

• want the volume to be down, I often turn it up. This is a bit of a concern for me.

The speakers are quite nice. They do not take up a lot of space like my previous speakers. These speakers are fairly small compared to the ones you see in stores. The sub-woofer is also fairly small. I have to say that the whole thing took up less room than I thought it would.

The sound quality is excellent. It is crystal clear and I have no complaints. Regular speakers will bail out on you once you turn the volume up; the Bose Companion 5 series does not.

They are small, but extremely powerful. I’m not sure if there is an amplifier build-in with the speaker because there is no power plug. Usually amplifiers have a power cord because it requires a lot of energy. Anyways, there is no power cord for the speakers. They connect through the USB hubs on my computer.

I have to say that the speaker system is great. It costs roughly $500, but it is totally worth it. I can guarantee that this is the best out there. I’ve looked decent speakers quite a while now, but never have I seen the sound quality as good as Bose Companion 5 Series.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163111316641230/k2311a113/11.3.10