Samsung Corby S3653W  » Phones  »
  • I actually wanted to get the iphone 4 but the cash out is really expensive, so I decided to get the Corby S3653w instead, with no cash out required
  • Here are some of the things I love about this phone
  • If you wants to get out of a rather boring meeting or conversation, you can activate the “fake call” and the phone will ring after a little while or depending on how long you set the timer, as if somebody is actually calling you
  • The corby's battery life is really amazing

• by working_momma

I recently got my new samsung corby as a free unit for continuing my contract with my network provider. I actually wanted to get the iphone 4 but the cash out is really expensive, so I decided to get the Corby S3653w instead, with no cash out required. Which is to me, not at all a bad choice.

Here are some of the things I love about this phone.

1. Aesthetic Design: Although It was a bit weird for me to hold the phone at first because it is comparatively small as compared to the iphone, but I got used to it eventually. But I must say, I love, love the elegant and stylish design of this phone. The unit I got came with 3 stylish and

funky jackets (It is the cover for the back of phone), so you can change the aesthetic look of your phone should you feel the need for it.

2. Pre-installed Widgets: The corby has pre-installed widgets for social networking sites like Facebook, twitter, myspace, Flickr, picasa and photobucket. That is a major plus specially now that everyone across the globe are into these kinds of things.

3. Customizable Home Screen: I super love this feature simply because I always do this on my iphone. I get easily bored with default home screens. So I find it really great that the Corby actually has 3 home screens that you can load with the widgets. It makes your home screen more organized and not cramped up with all the applications, that you don’t actually use.

4. Wifi: Given that there are available widgets, the wi-fi should be there also. So it is a good news that the Corby has wi-fi. You can easily connect to any of your social networking sites or browse the internet for free as long as there is wifi available.

5. Fake Calls: Funny as it may sound and weird as it may be, but yes, the Corby S3653w has the functionality to simulate incoming calls. If you wants to get out of a rather boring meeting or conversation, you can activate the “fake call” and the phone will ring after a little while or depending on how long you set the timer, as if somebody is actually calling you.

• Samsung Corby S3653W
      You can even make it appear like you’re actually speaking to somebody by playing back a recorded voice. I really find it hilarious but it may be of great use should I find the need to excuse myself for any of the abovementioned situations. This phone sure has some sneaky features huh… 6. Battery Life: The corby’s battery life is really amazing. Mine lasted for 5 whole days with heavy usage. I made calls, sent and received text messages, browsed the internet, Facebook and twitter every a few hours or so, I played music… and it lasted for 5 whole days. That is really amazing! I haven’t had any phone with battery life that lasted that long.

Apart from all these that I mentioned the

Corby S3653w comes with built-in camera, that you can use to capture still images and record videos. The camera has 2 megapixel resolution and 4X digital zoom, not bad for a phone camera. The camera also has the usual photo effects. For the music and sounds, you can play mp3 with it, you have the option to use poly ringtones and/or mp3 ringtones. It also has the following useful features: Calendar, scheduler, currency converter (which I personally like also).

In summary, the corby is a nice and really functional phone to have. It is not that expensive as compared to other touch screen phones. The features are great and useful. So if you want a phone that is funky and yet useful, then you must get the Corby s3653w.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 373111316611230/k2311a113/11.3.10