Sudafed Non-Drowsy  » Medicine  »
  • Sudafed is not really that expensive if you take into account the cost of many other allergy medicines
  • I bought it at my local CVS and paid about $7.00 for a 20 count box of caplets
  • I may not always take it, but it does work and I would definitely recommend it to others

• by webgirl40

Like Pepto Bismol, Sudafed is one of those medicines that has been around for several years. Most of todays adults grew up on Sudafed and are now giving it to their children. I am no different, and although I do not have children of my own, I have used it myself and have given it to my nieces.

Perfect for the spring and summer allergies that crop up Sudafed is an over the counter medicine that you can take to help keep your sinuses under control. Sudafed is not really that expensive if you take into account the cost of many other

allergy medicines. I bought it at my local CVS and paid about $7.00 for a 20 count box of caplets.

These were the non-drowsy kind as well so given the fact that some non-drowsy medications are more expensive this is relatively inexpensive. The caplets are easy to take as long as you do it quickly. They are gel coated to help them go down, but if they sit in your mouth the coating will start to dissolve making them stick to the back of your throat an the way down. It is a very uncomfortable feeling and the gel coating tastes ...

• a little bitter, so a quick swallow of these caplets is preferable.

This product does work. I have been especially pleased with the non-drowsy medication that is in Sudafed. I have tried some other non-drowsy medications, that either did not work at all and knocked me out or instead of making tired made me very jittery. Sudafed does none of that, it simply works on your sinus without sending signals to your body to sleep. I have never felt high or tired after taking this medicine. I am always alert and functioning normally. The only real complaint that I have

about this medication is how long it takes to work. It took about 45 minutes after the first dose for me to be able to breathe again, with full results after about an hour. I would much prefer if the producers of this medication could find a way to make this product work faster. However, I must admit that once it is in your system it usually lasts for awhile, so I guess that they kind of balance each other out.

Overall I like this medicine. I may not always take it, but it does work and I would definitely recommend it to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263111316591230/k2311a113/11.3.10