NARS Lip Gloss in Orgasm  » Cosmetics  »
  • The only reason why I bought the Orgasm lip gloss was because it came as part of a set that included a Multiple in a different shade
  • It does have a pretty pearly sheen that I like
  • But other than that, I don't think this is the kind of shade that will make men come running
  • I have seen less expensive glosses out there that have a similar soft look, so I think that is a lot of money to spend for this product
  • I recommend that you go on the NARS website and see if you can get the Orgasm lip gloss in a set with other products that you like

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I always used to enjoy browsing at the NARS counter in Bloomingdale’s, but now NARS isn’t there anymore. By the way, NARS is a high-end French cosmetics company that carries some nice scents and lipstick shades. I get a kick out of the racy names of some of the products — Sex Machine, Orgasm, Easy Lover, and Striptease, to name a few. The Orgasm shade is so popular that it is available in a lip gloss, blush, the Multiple stick, and something called an illuminator. Apparently that is an all-over highlighter for your face. The Multiple stick is a three-in-one color stick that you can wear on your lips, cheeks,

and eyes to give your face a uniform look.

The only reason why I bought the Orgasm lip gloss was because it came as part of a set that included a Multiple in a different shade. That was the item I was really interested in, and the two products came nestled in a mini cosmetic bag. I figured that was my big chance to get this hot lip gloss in the shade that everyone wanted.

The Orgasm shade is a light peachy pink, and when I put it on my lips, it looks so soft that it almost looks clear. It does have a pretty pearly sheen that I like. I think ...

• that gives it a quiet sex appeal. But other than that, I don’t think this is the kind of shade that will make men come running! When I hear a name like Orgasm, I would expect it to be a fiery red shade or maybe a hot pink. But peachy pink? No, that sounds too innocent and tame, not daring or wild.

This lip gloss costs $24. I have seen less expensive glosses out there that have a similar soft look, so I think that is a lot of money to spend for this product. (Although, I will repeat that I do like that frosty shimmer!)

So I will leave it up

to you, ladies. It is a pretty gloss, especially if you just want a basic gloss that has a subdued color. It does not feel too thick on my lips either, so that’s a good thing. It’s a nice gloss to wear on top of lipstick, too. It will enhance the look of the lipstick because of the pearly iridescence. I recommend that you go on the NARS website and see if you can get the Orgasm lip gloss in a set with other products that you like. NARS does feature some lip sets on the website, so you may find the Orgasm lip gloss in one of them. Good luck!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313111316441230/k2311a113/11.3.10