IGA Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
  • Spaghetti and meatballs are one of my favourite foods but I have always had trouble settling on a favourite store-bought spaghetti sauce and have never attempted to make my own after seeing how long it needs to simmer when making from scratch
  • It looked semi-thick and since I was considering trying another (more expensive) brand of sauce I decided why not try this one, the price and the amount seemed like a wonderful deal
  • I was so excited to open the IGA Spaghetti Sauce and give it a try because it had been quite a while since I last made spaghetti and meatballs (due to not finding a sauce I was pleased with yet) I did not get an immediate rising aroma from the sauce when I first cracked open the bottle so I was a bit disappointed by this
  • I just add in a dash of black pepper because I like the extra spiciness

• by RJR

Spaghetti and meatballs are one of my favourite foods but I have always had trouble settling on a favourite store-bought spaghetti sauce and have never attempted to make my own after seeing how long it needs to simmer when making from scratch. It is unfortunate that I don’t get my favourite spaghetti sauce here so I have been trying to find a suitable replacement for it.

One day while I was browsing through a supermarket I happened to run across

the IGA brand of spaghetti sauce. There were only two flavours available, the traditional and mushroom flavours. I bypassed the mushroom and went straight for the traditional. I picked up the glass bottle which contained 26 ounces of sauce and looked at the ingredient list on the back. The ingredient list was very short and to the point, basically tomatoes (in a couple different forms), a few other ingredients and a variety of herbs and spices. The bottle was not filled to the brim so I tilted it to see how the consistency of the sauce looked. It looked semi-thick and since I was considering trying another (more expensive) brand of sauce I decided why not try this one, the price and the amount seemed like a wonderful deal.

I was so excited to open the IGA Spaghetti Sauce and give it a try because it had been quite a while since I last made spaghetti and meatballs (due ...

• IGA Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
      to not finding a sauce I was pleased with yet) I did not get an immediate rising aroma from the sauce when I first cracked open the bottle so I was a bit disappointed by this. But as soon as the sauce hit the pan the aroma rose and filled the kitchen and took me back to the first time my grandmother made spaghetti for me. This sauce was extremely similar to the sauce I long for.

IGA’s traditional

spaghetti sauce has a beautiful rich tomato flavour and spiced wonderfully. I just add in a dash of black pepper because I like the extra spiciness. I like that the sauce is well balanced (for my palette) and does not have an acidic taste or aftertaste to it. I am so happy I decided to try IGA Traditional Spaghetti Sauce because I feel happy with and thoroughly enjoy the end product when I make a meal using it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273111316381230/k2311a113/11.3.10