Blue Bird Taxi Group  » General services  »
  • When he opened the door, I saw velvet-y chairs and carpet and I immediately asked him how much it would cost me
  • Definitely a good choice when you are in the capital of Indonesia

• by thegirlfrombrazil

Blue Bird is Indonesia’s answer to New York’s yellow cabs, and Bangkok’s hot pink ones.

Hot off the airport, I was already greeted by locals trying to sell me their taxis to take me anywhere I needed to go. I was given a tip to only ride Blue Bird because it was reliable and it had a meter. So I saw a guy with a Blue Bird ID and I said I needed to go to my hotel so he

picked up my bag and led me to this fancy looking car. When he opened the door, I saw velvet-y chairs and carpet and I immediately asked him how much it would cost me. He said 300,000 rupiah and I said no. Fortunately someone told me that a regular Blue Bird cab would only cost 120,000 rupiah. And this didn’t look like a cab at all. It looked like a luxury van. So I declined the offer even if the ...

• guy lowered his rate to 200k claiming the toll would make me spend more than that for sure.

I went back to the airport area and saw a sign for the regular Blue Bird cab. It didn’t take me a long time to get a cab. I was handed a ticket to pay the driver once I arrived at my destination. On the way to my hotel, I had to pay for 2 tolls which weren’t that expensive anyway. When

I got to the hotel, my newly exchanged rupiah was in the hundreds of thousands so I had to let the driver keep the change.

I only rode Blue Bird cabs throughout my stay in Jakarta. The drivers are very friendly even if we barely understood each other. They are pretty good drivers too! Rarely hit the brakes hard enough for you to fall head long into the seat in front. Definitely a good choice when you are in the capital of Indonesia.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 253111316331230/k2311a113/11.3.10