NYX Powder Blush in PB02 Dusty Rose  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I do own a couple of blushers but they are not my favourite shades and they don’t last much in the hot and humid weather of Singapore
  • I have heard a lot about NYX cosmetics and after hearing so many good things about the NYX blushers, I decided to get one for myself
  • Of the 25 or so shades, after much search over the internet looking for swatches and reviews I finally decided to go for the Dusty Rose shade which I thought would be a good shade for my medium skin tone
  • When I received it I was happy to see that the color was just as I had expected it to be
  • I did a swatch and was impressed with its silky soft texture which felt creamy to the touch

• by true_value

I have been on the lookout for a good nicely pigmented and long lasting blusher. I do own a couple of blushers but they are not my favourite shades and they don’t last much in the hot and humid weather of Singapore. I have medium tan skin that is cool toned. The shades that I own are peachy and do not suit my skin and looks out of place.

I have heard a lot about NYX cosmetics and after hearing so many good things about the NYX blushers, I decided to get one for myself. Like always I had a tough time choosing a suitable shade because I had to buy it online as NYX products are no longer available here in Singapore.

NYX has quite a selection of blush shades they have it almost all

shades of pinks and reds. Of the 25 or so shades, after much search over the internet looking for swatches and reviews I finally decided to go for the Dusty Rose shade which I thought would be a good shade for my medium skin tone. It also seemed to be the safest bet as it appeared to be the most natural looking and wasn’t too bright or dark.

According to the product description the NYX powder blush claims to come in a silky-texture, quilted compact powder with rich pigmentation that provides long-lasting wear and that all their shades deliver a healthy natural looking glow.

The cases were square shaped in black with a see through cover and the NYX logo on the top. By looking at the image on the NYX website I was not able to guess what might ...

• be the size of the compact case. It mentioned to contain 0.2oz (6.4g) of blush powder.

I paid about $9.00 inclusive of shipping. When I received it I was happy to see that the color was just as I had expected it to be. The shade looked a beautiful shade and exactly like its name a dusty rose color.

The packaging was basic but looked sleek with its glossy black finish and the quilted powder design made it look very classy and elegant. I couldn’t wait to try it on. I did a swatch and was impressed with its silky soft texture which felt creamy to the touch. There was no gritty feeling or roughness at all.

On my cheeks however the color did not look as good. It was so sheer that I had a

layer it on several times to see the color show.

I am not sure why it was like that because I have heard so much about how high quality and nicely pigmented the NYX blushers are but mine did not turn out to be so. Also, after much layering to actually see the color on my cheeks sadly, the color did not last for long. Only a couple of hours after application the color seemed to have disappeared from my face.

Maybe it is only this shade as it happens to be such a natural looking shade perhaps that is why it is not so highly pigmented. I have no clue but I really am tempted to get some other shades now that I now the actual color of the blush do not look very different from that shown on the site.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312111316001130/k2311a112/11.2.10