Tampa Lowry Zoo  » Travel  »
1101 W. Sligh Avenue, Tampa, FL
  • The Tampa Lowry Zoo is what I would consider a playground for people to see animals in captivity as opposed to a regular zoo
  • They were really beautiful and they made me want to take them home with me until I thought about how they would make a snack out of me
  • The rides were the one of the best parts of the zoo because they had some rollercoaster rides for adults, but we ended up having to pay to go on them because you need tokens to go on them
  • I liked the giraffe restaurant I got to eat in because that was a once in a lifetime experience

• by C.Channing

The Tampa Lowry Zoo is what I would consider a playground for people to see animals in captivity as opposed to a regular zoo. They have at least nine restaurants from what I could tell, they have all types of rides as if it were a mini theme park, and you could host parties there is you wanted to if you reserved a date in time. I have been to many zoos but I had never seen anything is grand as luxurious as this particular zoo.

Because my friends and I were only there for a day, we didn’t really see the need in purchasing annual

tickets; besides, we were only there for the weekend, and we just ended up going for the single day pays which was twenty dollars plus tax. My first stop was to all the exhibits first because they had tigers from Asia that I wanted to see, and they had actual orangutans that I wanted to see. Sometimes seeing the cute, baby monkeys gets old after awhile. The Asian tigers were so beautiful because they had thick luscious fur coats that were white with black strips. They were really beautiful and they made me want to take them home with me until I thought about how they would make a snack out of me. I got a chance to go to the birds exhibit which was cool because there were lots of birds with a multitude of colors and various lengths of feathers. I also caught the manatees which was sad when I would think about all the manatees dying from because of boaters.

The rides were the one of the best parts of the zoo because they had some rollercoaster rides for adults, but we ended up having to pay to go on them because you need tokens to go on them. I went on the gator falls ride and the ...

• Tampa Lowry Zoo
      tiger ride because they were rollercoaster, and they were the only ones I could really go on without having to be the size of a kid. The rest of the rides were essentially designed for the entertainment for the children which wasn’t all the bad. The restaurant area was also the best because they were each diverse in their cuisine, and a majority of them were either near an animal exhibit or had a view of the animals. We ate at the restaurant where the giraffes were, and the prices were that of a fine dining restaurant. Because I’m a seafood lover, I ended
      up ordering the crab cakes and the coconut shrimp.

My experience at the Tampa Lowry Zoo was the best because they had some great exhibits–especially the Asian tigers–and the had a nice area designated for restaurants. The rides were also a plus for me because it felt as if we were at a mini theme park instead of a zoo. I liked the giraffe restaurant I got to eat in because that was a once in a lifetime experience. There were so many things that I saw and did at the Tampa Lowry Zoo, and I’m hoping I will get another chance to go there again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382111315561030/k2311a112/11.2.10