Ichetucknee Springs  » Travel  »
State Road 47 and 238, Fort White, Florida
  • Because I'm always looking to explore new springs, I gladly invited myself and was surprised that the ride was not as long as I thought it would be
  • The thing I found interesting about the Ichetucknee springs was how far back in the woods it was
  • Because we were so far back in the woods, my mom and I decided to stay in the transparent waters because the further out you went, the darker the waters become and she didn't want me to freak out
  • My experience overall at the Ichetucknee Springs was amazing because I got to not only share a mother-daughter day with my mom, but I also found a new springs to visit
  • I think on my next trip out there I might have the courage to take the tube ride down the river

• by C.Channing

The Ichetucknee Springs is a freshwater springs that was unbeknownst to me until my mom was telling me how she wanted to plan a day to go out to its location. Because I’m always looking to explore new springs, I gladly invited myself and was surprised that the ride was not as long as I thought it would be.

The thing I found interesting about the Ichetucknee springs was how far back in the woods it was. If I’ve learned anything from watching horror movies, its that you never venture off too far in the woods.

The walk was a fairly long I might say because you have this long dirt path you have to walk down which leads you to the restrooms, the playground, and the picnicking area. After you pass all of those things, then you’re welcomed to a luscious, transparent spring.

My mom and I opted not to take a tube ride down the springs because we heard it takes forever, and we only had so much time to stay and enjoy the water. Because we were so far back in the woods, my mom and I decided to ...

• stay in the transparent waters because the further out you went, the darker the waters become and she didn’t want me to freak out. There were large, smooth rocks at the edge of the water which is where a few people sat who were tired of swimming, or simply did not get in the water to begin with. The interesting thing about this particular springs is that it wraps around the woods, and it feels as if you’re on the Amazon River. From the distance, I could also see a lot of wildlife creeping around
        the edge of the woods.

My experience overall at the Ichetucknee Springs was amazing because I got to not only share a mother-daughter day with my mom, but I also found a new springs to visit. The water was always cool and I loved the transparency of it. I like how there were rocks at the edge of the water which saved me time from getting out the water completely to find a table to sit at. I think on my next trip out there I might have the courage to take the tube ride down the river.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382111315491030/k2311a112/11.2.10