Asian Kennel Club Union of the Philippines, Inc. AKCUPI  » Pets  »
  • I don’t really agree with PCCI’s rules that if you’re a member of PCCI then the mate of your dog should also be PCCI-registered
  • I also noticed from ACKUPI that their rates and fees were cheaper
  • I can only say Godspeed to ACKUPI for not being greedy with money and for not being biased, and for that I think a lot of people now are opening up to ACKUPI as the whole lot of Tiendesitas is now owned and held by ACKUPI and I know this association will be just as great as PCCI someday

• by ackupirules

ACKUPI, also known as Asian Kennel Club Union of the Philippines, Inc. is another dog owners’ association in the Philippines that is newly founded.

I first thought this was an Asian association and that PCCI was still the main dog owner’s association here but recently as I was strolling through Tiendesitas I saw signs posted on the pet stores saying they no longer have PCCI pedigree papers as all the dogs and puppies throughout the whole area of Tiendesitas are now registered with ACKUPI.

This means ACKUPI is the new generation of the puppies and breeds and all PCCI-registered dogs and puppies are the original but the conventional ones.

I don’t really agree with PCCI’s rules that if you’re a member of PCCI then the

mate of your dog should also be PCCI-registered.

What if we liked the other dog so much that he or she is registered with ACKUPI and we have to permanently transfer the dog? And what if we still like PCCI but they won’t let us transfer the puppies / litter again there and it’s just really unfair.

I had grown to love ACKUPI because first, they aren’t biased and they let anyone be it a PCCI or an ACKUPI member be registered to them and they don’t care about the political bias just as long as you are legally registered and even if you come from PCCI, they won’t be biased.

PCCI on the other hand, seems too bitter that a new association has come out ...

• but they shouldn’t be bitter and mad and jealous because this stuff happens and they should be friends rather than compete with each other.

I also noticed from ACKUPI that their rates and fees were cheaper.

There were no membership fees or what kind and other charges that I was charged for when I had some of my dogs registered at PCCI and here the rates were much economy-friendly and the pedigree papers were also really nice! With ACKUPI there’s also sort of a membership or dog owner card just like PCCI but here they don’t want to call it membership card because they don’t charge you anything for a membership fee, only P50 for the ID.

With PCCI there’s a P200+ membership fee plus P80

for the I.

D.

and now who’s being a Grinch?!

I had grown to love ACKUPI and they might seem like the underdogs.

But I have heard a lot of physical abuse gossip about PCCI and it’s real and I have several acquaintances of mine now whom have transferred from PCCI to ACKUPI and have left PCCI because of some unfavorable business and how they treat the animals from the pound.

I can only say Godspeed to ACKUPI for not being greedy with money and for not being biased, and for that I think a lot of people now are opening up to ACKUPI as the whole lot of Tiendesitas is now owned and held by ACKUPI and I know this association will be just as great as PCCI someday!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292111315481030/k2311a112/11.2.10