BWI Airport in Baltimore, Maryland
  • This airport isn't one of the best ones that I have ever been to
  • They have made some improvements with time, but what I like most about this airport is that I can always fly a little bit cheaper from this airport than it's closest rival, PHI airport
  • That was one of the things that I didn't like about BWI was that it was definitely much dirtier than other airports I had been in

• by Dawn

I don’t fly that much but when I do, I usually have to fly out of BWI (Baltimore-Washington International) airport. I have also had the opportunity to drop people off and pick them up at the airport. This airport isn’t one of the best ones that I have ever been to. They have made some improvements with time, but what I like most about this airport is that I can always fly a little bit cheaper from this airport than it’s closest rival, PHI airport. I also find that I can get flights to more places from BWI airport than PHI airport.

BWI is a rather large place. It can be hard to navigate and you have to keep your eyes open when you drive into it so you don’t

miss where you are supposed to turn. I also find that it is important to know which garage I should be parking at or I end up walking much further than I actually would have to if I would have paid attention to what gate I needed to be at. The improvements at the airport include better vending machines and a much cleaner airport than it had previously been. That was one of the things that I didn’t like about BWI was that it was definitely much dirtier than other airports I had been in. It was refreshing to walk in when I picked up a friend and see that it was so much cleaner than it used to be.

There is nothing that BWI can do about the rules and ...

• regulations that all airports must follow now. After 9/11, we are unable to go into parts of the airport that we would have otherwise been able to go. That can be troublesome at times and make the waiting part a little more difficult. Instead of being able to sit with someone until they take off, you have to simply drop them off and hope that all goes well. That is just part of American life now. As far as the staff goes, the staff is no friendlier in this airport than they are reported to be at all other airports. I have yet to be greeted with a smile or even a hello. It is a meat market type of place to be because it’s all about getting people through
        the line and out of their hair. That is something that I could do without, but it is part of what people have come to expect at an airport these days. Rudeness seems to be the only way to get through the airport without a doubt.

As far as airports go, I would use BWI airport again to fly out of or into. It is closest to me, but not by far. It is definitely easier to find cheaper flights there as well. That is why when I do fly, it is usually out of this airport. I don’t particularly care for flying because quite honestly, I could do without the rude behavior of airport and airline staff. Other than that, BWI isn’t a bad airport, it’s just an airport.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402111315150930/k2311a112/11.2.10