Sally Hansen Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit for Face Brows & Bikini
1.0
  • I bought the Sally Hansen kit with the wax strips because it sounded easier to use than the other ones available at the store and Sally Hansen is a trusted brand
  • I decided to start with practicing on a few stray hairs on my chin, which I thought would be a little less sensitive and therefore less painful to start out with
  • I don’t recommend it to anyone except masochists

• by reviewabit

I have always envied my friends who had perfect eyebrows. I simply cannot tweeze mine without being in tears. I have wanted to try waxing for the longest time, but horror stories about the pain have caused me to shy away. Finally, I had a brave moment and decided to go for it.

I bought the Sally Hansen kit with the wax strips because it sounded easier to use than the other ones available at the store and Sally Hansen is a trusted brand. I had been told that the roll on kits were messy and hot and painful. This kit offered little strips that you just warm up by holding in your hands and rubbing, then

you put them on, rip them off and all the hair is gone.

Sounded simple enough. I decided to start with practicing on a few stray hairs on my chin, which I thought would be a little less sensitive and therefore less painful to start out with. I tried my best to warm up the strip in my hand, but it was easier said than done.

I am not really sure I ever got it warn enough. After smoothing on the strip, I braced myself for the pain and ripped it off. It was nowhere near as dramatic as I had envisioned but it was a little painful.

I had really done it!

• Unfortunately, when I inspected the area, it didn’t get the hairs it was supposed to. My confidence and relief disappeared and I tried again. I warmed my hands under running water, then dried them and immediately started warming the next strip.

This seemed a bit of a hassle. The next strip got a few more chin hairs, but by now my face was turning red and starting to sting. I used the oil that was included in the kit to soothe the area and get off the sticky little bits of wax that were left behind.

The oil did feel nice. I tweezed off the remaining hairs and decided to proceed to eyebrows. I had

some trouble positioning the strip correctly, and I kept getting my hair (from my bangs) caught up in what I was doing.

The first time I ripped that wax strip from my eyebrow was the last. It was horrible. My eye watered for an hour from the sting and I wore a red rash above my eye for three days.

I put the kit in the cabinet, until I can find someone else crazy enough to use it. I don’t know how this product compares to other wax kits, and I do not intend to find out. I don’t recommend it to anyone except masochists.

But I do still think Sally Hansen is a good brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342111315030930/k2311a112/11.2.10