Animals and Things Tiendesitas  » Pets  »
2.5
Tiendesitas Village Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City
  • The only problem was their environment and physical store
  • I know now that they aren’t a very clean pet shop and they don’t care much for the store

• by nadja

This pet store is very famous for it’s notoriety. It is owned by ex-PBA player Jay Mendoza and I have read a lot of articles which features complaints about him and his dogs and puppies which are mysteriously dying once bought by new owners. There’s also a list of complaints about the pedigree papers of the puppies and dogs being bought here and I have even read about him in Philippine Pet Finder and now he is even banned from PCCI permanently.

Animals and Things is the largest pet store and pet grooming salon in Tiendesitas, and I have visited their stores dozens of times looking for treats and vitamins and occasionally having my dog groomed there. The grooming were ok.

The handlers were really good and friendly and my huge dog had no trouble getting groomed

there. The space was very huge and their equipments were complete and new.

For grooming, I had no problems. The only problem was their environment and physical store.

One time I had visited their store and was looking for dog treats when I saw one dead cockroach on the floor. I had told one of the helpers as this was very unsanitary and I told them there was dead ‘roach but the girl only said it was ok since it was dead already.

I had to stifle back my gasp and had no choice but to back away from the dead cockroach. It was very unsanitary and I felt terrible that they would not clean the mess up and other dogs might even go near it when visiting their shop.

After a few months I went ...

• back there again just to look for things and shopping for my dogs’ stuff and again I couldn’t believe there was yet another dead cockroach in the shop! Of course, it is not possible that you can’t totally eliminate cockroaches from entering the shop but still, they would need to clean it up as it was very unsanitary and I made a mental note to always clean my dogs’ paws when getting home as the floors and grounds they were walking on wasn’t cleaned up. The worst part was that nobody in the store despite the several staff doing nothing was going to do anything about the dead cockroach.

I assume they only clean up once a day and that’s when they close up during the night, but they should be really sanitary as there are a

lot of puppies that are being sold there and aseptic techniques should be implemented as puppies are very vulnerable to lots of diseases!

I know now that they aren’t a very clean pet shop and they don’t care much for the store. It’s such a waste because they are now the largest store I have ever seen plus a grooming salon and they should take care of their shop more.

I would still go there but I wouldn’t have my dog groomed there when they aren’t taking care of their shop anyway. It would have been a great shop despite their notorious reputation in selling “sick” puppies and dogs and if this is the way they want to handle their business then in a few years they wouldn’t really be famous anymore for their good reputation but for their dwindling reputation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291111314730230/k2311a111/11.1.10