“Perfect Health” by Deepak Chopra book
2.0
  • I like that his Chopra center is able to help people attain Perfect Health but none of that can be done from home
  • I was visiting a friend and her mother when I was reading this and we all took the quiz and enjoyed it

• by squishlette

Deepak Chopra is supposed to be one of the new age gurus of the era. That being said, I wanted to read a book by him so I picked up Perfect Health. For me, this book was a bit of a disappointment.

All the hype surrounding this book is not all it’s cracked up to be. I like that his Chopra

center is able to help people attain Perfect Health but none of that can be done from home.

There is an extremely complicated butter type thing you have to make which I couldn’t image could be healthy for you. It doesn’t even sound appetizing at all.

And it must be full of fat, calories and cholesterol. And he said you have to eat a ton everyday! Not in this life time buddy! Now, the Avurveda quiz was beneficial.

I discovered I was a vata/kapha and some of the information pertained to me. It was kind of like reading your horoscope and it gave you dietary guidelines and things to help you appease your type.

I was visiting a friend and her mother when ...

I was reading this and we all took the quiz and enjoyed it. The joke for the rest of the trip was Mom, you are such a kapha! Or Anne contain the pitta will you? I’m not trying to say that Deepak Chopra doesn’t know his stuff.

I’m sure if you could take the time to go and visit one of

his centers and go through the program it could work for you. But for me, trying to lose weight and living in the real world I just don’t see this book helping me attain perfect heath at all.

I do follow him on twitter and do believe he has his merits on certain things. But this particular book has been since donated to the needy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1731101314030431/k2311a1031/10.31.10