Kalahari Resort,Wisconsin Dells  » Travel  »
  • We didn't want to pay that so we stayed at the much cheaper Shamrock Motel and purchased a daily pass to Kalahari (I think it was around $30 per person)

• by Lorianna
      Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells (located on Kalahari Dr., just north of Interstate 90/94, exit 92) is America’s largest indoors waterpark, which means you can go there all year long and not worry about the weather. There is also a large outdoor waterpark, so if you come in summer you can enjoy both.

Staying at Kalahari is a bit expensive, the room rates start at $169 per night. We didn’t want to pay that so we stayed at the much cheaper Shamrock Motel and purchased a daily pass to Kalahari (I think it was around $30 per person).

The waterpark is simply *great*!! Beatifully decorated in the tropical / African style, it

has a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere that immediately puts you in a holiday mood. You get a tube, if you want one, and off you go to explore and enjoy! Recliners are available all over the place so that you can relax and take a break from your swimming and splashing.

Some of the attractions are: *The Wave Pool. I loved that one! The waves come and go just like they do in the ocean. You can jump the waves, or sit on a tube and let them rock you. The waves get turned on and off, giving you a chance to get some rest, climb on the tube, etc.

*Lazy River. My favorite!! 920 ...

• feet long river-like channel weaving through the park, only about waist deep, with the current strong enough to carry you on on your tube. It goes round and round, taking you to the Wave Pool and farther on. Relax and enjoy. But watch out for those little cold water sprinklers that like to shower on you as you swim by!

*Master Blaster. Get in a rubber boat and zoom down this rollercoaster-like ride! It is breathtaking and fun. You’ll be glad the boats have got handles for you to hold on to.

*Victoria Falls. A large water slide for the whole family to ride in a big round boat-like thing. Very cool.

*Flowrider. This one

is for surfers. I am not a surfer and I’d be scared to death to even think of trying (although they say it is safe at Kalahari, and you’ve got instructors watching over you).

There were a few other slides that I liked but I didn’t get their names. There was another one I had chickened out of doing, it makes you drop from about 9 feet in the end. Uh, no thank you. My husband did that one though, and he liked it.

Bottom line: this park great fun!! A paradise for a water-lover. You’ll get some good exercise, too - your sore muscles will let you know that on the next morning.

Reservations can be made online at kalahariresort.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38281013141031/k2311a1028/10.28.05