Tigi Catwalk Headshot Heavenly Hydrating Shampoo  » Health  »
  • It was indeed concentrated, as I found when I lathered my hair
  • I think it is a good product for dry hair

• by reviewabit

Catwalk Headshot Heavenly Hydrating shampoo is one of many brands my hairstylist has talked me into trying. Usually, she lures me with a new nicely fragranced product, because she knows I am a sucker for something that smells good, whether it works or not. She must also know that I am on to her… because on this last visit she recommended something on its performance rather than nose appeal.

I have dry hair that is over processed, and I am always looking for a corrective shampoo that will give me lots of body but not dry out my fragile hair. The

heavenly Hydrating shampoo does just that.

I used it for the first time at home after having my hair styled and colored the previous day, so it was a real test for how it handled my damaged hair. It came in a tall tube, and seemed to be a thick product, so I did not use very much of it.

It was indeed concentrated, as I found when I lathered my hair. It did have a nice fragrance and I was surprised that my hairdresser had not even mentioned this.

It was probably because I had used other TIGI products and was familiar with ...

• the brand and its scents. When I went to rinse my hair out, it felt as if I had used conditioner as well as shampoo on it, even though this product is not labeled as a two in one.

After drying, my hair was silky, soft, and felt well moisturized. There was no static or frizziness.

Sometimes, after a coloring, my hair feels not unlike a wet broom, so this was pretty impressive. I would not say that it was the very best performance from a shampoo that I have ever gotten, but it was very decent and I would expect that

for the price.

The upside is the performance and the nice scent, and the prestige of using a salon brand. The downside is that it is rather expensive for the size you get.

The packaging is lovely, and I guess that is supposed to make up for the fact that it holds less. I would probably buy this again readily if there was a sale or special offer on it.

I think it is a good product for dry hair… but it might feel a bit heavy on normal hair, and I don’t think people with oily hair would like it much at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431101313790431/k2311a1031/10.31.10