Sunsilk Hold Me Forever Hairspray Serious Hold  » Health  »
2.0
  • I admit I bought the product because of the name
  • The first time I used it I noticed the fragrance was nice
  • My hair was a sticky mess, but it definitely held it in place
  • If you left this in and needed it to be reapplied the next day without washing, I think you would probably have either a gooey mess, or flaking all day

• by reviewabit

I admit I bought the product because of the name. “Hold Me Forever” was very cute. I actually was looking for a new hairspray and this one was on an end stand at a special price.

I’ve used Sunsilk’s shampoos and conditioners, and was happy with them, so I assumed this would be of the same quality. The first time I used it I noticed the fragrance was nice.

I like that it was non aerosol. I always feel that aerosol hair sprays waste much of the product, and you don’t get as much for your money.

The styling of

the Sunsilk bottle is nice and it feels good in the hand. The sprayer works well and I have never even had to rinse it because of clogs– which surprises me, because I would think this product would be especially prone to clogging based on how strongly it holds the hair.

When I first sprayed my set hair with it, I used the amount that I would normally use of a lighter product. I used too much.

My hair was a sticky mess, but it definitely held it in place. This is a serious hairspray, which can be both good and bad.

...

• It’s good if you have every hair in place and don’t want it to move–- but if you are one that tends to play around with your hair during the day, you might find this spray a bit heavy and that it is hard to re-style your hair after applying it. Somehow using the spray made me think of some sort of bee-hive hair do from the 60’s.

It would be perfect for that! For myself, I would prefer a strong hold but one that has just a little more flexibility. Also, I don’t always wash my hair every day.

If you

left this in and needed it to be reapplied the next day without washing, I think you would probably have either a gooey mess, or flaking all day. I think this is a case of “too much of a good thing” with a decent product.

I have only purchased it once and probably would not again, because I find it too much trouble to work with. Someone who wears a bee hive, or who is never satisfied with the amount of hold their brand of hairspray has might want to give this a try.

It’s not a bad product– just a little too much “strength” for my taste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431101313680431/k2311a1031/10.31.10