Eukanuba Puppy & Junior Regular Chicken Dog Food  » Pets  »
  • The vets I had talked to said Eukanuba was good at making puppies’ growth spike up quicky as they had a lot of protein and it was needed for puppies so their growth and health would have a greater development, and I bought this regular chicken flavor but immediately noticed my mistake when I noticed the regular flavor was chicken and chicken was known for causing allergies
  • I noticed that when this dog food was mixed with Esbilac milk it took no longer than 5 minutes for the dog food grains and the big pieces to be really soft and that was great

• by max

This was the first dog food I had used for my puppies when they were being weaned from milk and cereal to mushed dog food. The vets I had talked to said Eukanuba was good at making puppies’ growth spike up quicky as they had a lot of protein and it was needed for puppies so their growth and health would have a greater development, and I bought this regular chicken flavor but immediately noticed my mistake when I noticed the regular flavor was chicken and chicken was known for causing allergies.

However I couldn’t return it anymore because our helper

had already opened the bag and already mushed and grinded the small dog food into bits, so I tried just a small amount on the puppies and they had no allergic reaction to it.

As a week went by, I was still expecting some allergic reaction to show but there weren’t none.

I was very thankful and was surprisingly pleased that this chicken-flavoured dog food wasn’t really causing us trouble and problems.

The puppies liked the taste so much but when they defecated, of course the odor wasn’t as less-strong as the other foods they used to eat – like milk ...

• and cereal.

Their poop already had a dog food smell on them but it was ok as long as they were enjoying their food.

I noticed that when this dog food was mixed with Esbilac milk it took no longer than 5 minutes for the dog food grains and the big pieces to be really soft and that was great! But when the puppies were growing up and I had used distilled water to soften the dog food, I noticed it took a really long time unlike when I was still using the Esbilac milk – would you believe it took

us 45 minutes to soak the dog food before the dog food was really softened? We had to prepare 45 minutes in advance because the puppies won’t eat the hard and dry dog food, so 45 minutes before their feeding time we already had to soak them up, and it was such a long time!

I applaud this particular dog food because it didn’t cause our dogs allergies and I am hoping it won’t cause trouble to other puppies and dogs as well.

It has a chicken flavor but it gave us no problems whatsoever.

I rate this an 9 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2931101313460331/k2311a1031/10.31.10