Eukanuba Puppy Natural Lamb & Rice Formula  » Pets  »
2.5
  • The problem was that after 2 weeks, half of my litter had experienced some allergies, and knowing I hadn’t given them anything else, I had narrowed this dog food to be the culprit

• by max

I first bought this dog food for my puppies of 1. 5 months since they can be weaned from Esbilac milk to cereal and to mushed dog food mixed with Esbilac milk, the other vets I talked to said Eukanuba can make a puppy’s growth spike up fast and quick and it had really good ingredients, so I tried buying the regular Eukanuba puppy but with a Lamb flavor as I was afraid the chicken would be more prone to allergies, seeing as they were more susceptible and vulnerable as they were still puppies.

I mushed and grinded the dog food into grainy bits and then poured some Esbilac milk

over them so they would be cereal-like, and what I liked about this particular dog food and flavor is that in just less than 5 minutes, the Esbilac milk had been quickly absorbed by the grains and now I had cereal-like food that I could spoon-feed to the baby puppies.

It took no greater than 5 minutes to prepare their meal, but of course, the scent wasn’t that pleasant to humans but I reckon the puppies liked it a great deal.

They were liking this food so much and I had no trouble at all feeding them.

The problem was that after 2 weeks, half of my litter had ...

• experienced some allergies, and knowing I hadn’t given them anything else, I had narrowed this dog food to be the culprit.

It was really weird because it said that this had 100% natural ingredients and no preservatives, and lamb flavours won’t really cause allergies such as chicken, but I had no choice as this was the only culprit that led to half the litter of my puppies’ allergies.

The other pups were doing ok but the other half had some itty-bitty red rashes on their arms which I treated with anti-pruritic and steroidal cream which my vet had recommended, and after a week of continuous use they had fortunately

disappeared.

My guess was that not all dogs will have a pleasant reaction to every dog food – even if they are 100% natural, and I guess I can’t really blame this dog food because only half the litter of puppies had an unpleasant reaction, and it wasn’t really damaging as they only had little rashes but still, I was surprised this dog food was already so expensive and was supposed to be all-natural but half the pups in my litter still got allergic to it.

I guess it’s only a trial-and-error thing until you can finally find a dog food that’s perfect for everyone, whether it be cheap or not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2931101313450331/k2311a1031/10.31.10