Holistic Recipe Hypoallergenic Formula Lamb Puppy Dog Food  » Pets  »
3.4
  • It was my first time to try Holistic Recipe for Puppy with Lamb Flavour since half the puppies in our litter were allergic to Eukanuba, and this had a hypoallergenic formula but I am really disappointed to say that it doesn’t work for us even though it’s already got a hypoallergenic formula
  • The reason why I guess it doesn’t work is because I think it is still not grain-free and it’s not only chicken that dogs and puppies are allergic to, but to grains as well

• by max

It was my first time to try Holistic Recipe for Puppy with Lamb Flavour since half the puppies in our litter were allergic to Eukanuba, and this had a hypoallergenic formula but I am really disappointed to say that it doesn’t work for us even though it’s already got a hypoallergenic formula. The reason why I guess it doesn’t work is because I think it is still not grain-free and it’s not only chicken that dogs and puppies are allergic to, but to grains as well.

So when I tried this I had no idea that there could still be grains here because I was really counting on Holistic to cure 3 of our puppies’ skin allergies as they had itty-bitty red rashes on their arms but it’s good because we saw it from the start and we just started treating it with an anti-pruritic and steroidal cream that our vet had recommended.

So after

1 week of usage the allergies were gone and at first we thought it was only ants and maybe some mosquitoes biting them but we had them vet-checked and the vet said mosquito and ant bites don’t look like that and they were most probably food allergies so he suggested we switch to another brand.

It was really surprising and disappointing because this was recommended by one vet (we have 3 vets for our 6 puppies and 1 dam) and it could be confusing as we have several vets and one suggested this while the other suggested that, it’s also very time-consuming not to mention very expensive to experiment with dog foods that will actually work on our puppies.

What I liked about the holistic recipe is that I do know it is still hypoallergenic but my puppies (some of them that are allergic to it) may just have really sensitive skin so they react ...

• differently.

Their other brothers don’t react the same way as they all eat the same food and I can’t really understand what makes this so.

About it’s flavor the dogs love it very much and I could tell they want more but I can’t give them plenty as they would be overfed and there could be just more complications.

What I also liked about this particular dog food is that when they defecate the smell and odour of their poop isn’t as bad as when they were eating Eukanuba and Science Diet and Royal Canin (as compared when their mother was eating the same puppy food when she was a baby the same age as them) and although it still has some odour, it isn’t as bad as the other brands.

It’s also comparably cheaper than the famous brands but Holistic Recipe isn’t really that new as well and a lot of other friends of

mine actually use this too but I can’t say I will use it again as I’ve found our new savior in Go Natural! A 15 kilogram bag only costs about $37 here and it lasts 1-1.

5 months maximum with one adult English Bulldog.

It’s not really expensive rather than buying Go Natural with a 25-pound bag which costs about $57 – it’s actually a trial and error thing if you’re fortunate with your dogs at Holistic with them not having allergies then you’re really lucky but if your dogs and puppies are sensitive then don’t take your chances with cheap dog foods.

I can’t really say this product doesn’t work because other dogs have different reactions with different dog foods, 3 of my pups doesn’t have allergies while eating this while the other 3 had developed rashes while eating this.

I am just trying to be neutral over this thing and would rate this a 5 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2931101313430331/k2311a1031/10.31.10