Royal Canin Mini Puppy 33 Dog Food  » Pets  »
  • When my puppy was eating this food her coat was smooth and shiny and I really had no problems with this brand, I only wished they had made it a little less delicious for the dogs since it shows and smells when they defecate and the stink was too bad we had to switch brands

• by max

This was the second dog food I gave our dog when she was still a baby puppy as the first one I have tried was Science Diet and it was way too expensive at around $20 per week and having only a regular job it was hard for me to sustain that Science Diet, so I gave Royal Canin Mini Puppy 33 a try and it wasn’t really that cheap too but it was less cheaper than Science Diet. My puppy had loved this flavor the most – that I could say! And it was really obvious too! This dog food was the worst-smelling ever and peeking through the bag

while I was getting kibbles for her to eat the smell was really strong and unpleasant already and it was even more obvious that it was the worst because when our puppy defecated, it’s smell was unlike any other food she has eaten and I couldn’t really blame her because she likes it but it’s not really healthy for the stink to be inside my room so in the end I finally switched to another brand as it’s really not good for the family to inhale the stench and she wasn’t trained yet because she was still so young.

But what I had liked about this dog food was that it didn’t give my puppy dog any problems meaning she had no food allergies and food intolerances while eating this and it was very unusual because this formula wasn’t even hypoallergenic but as young a pup as she was, it should have manifested unpleasant food allergies but this mean Royal Canin had natural ingredients too and maybe less chicken and grain ingredients, otherwise our puppy would have signs and symptoms of food allergies right then and there.

However when I read the label at the back of the packaging I was also dubious on how the feeding guide works.

If I had followed this then my puppy would have been ...

• Royal Canin Mini Puppy 33 Dog Food
      really scrawny and bony and dying already! It said that for a 11-pound dog I would only have to give ¾ cups per day and that is very little and my puppy would die from that.

Of course, this was only a guide but it was very unrealistic as puppies need lots of food as they are very energetic and this guide wasn’t really helpful – not one bit.

i feed my 12-pound puppy 2/3 cups every feeding and that happens four times a day, otherwise she would get anxious and would be barking around hungry and my advise is not to really follow every guide but to also know

your puppy’s activities so they will have the proper nourishment they really need.

When my puppy was eating this food her coat was smooth and shiny and I really had no problems with this brand, I only wished they had made it a little less delicious for the dogs since it shows and smells when they defecate and the stink was too bad we had to switch brands.

The price is actually 2nd most expensive to the ones we’ve used (first most expensive was Science Diet) and this isn’t really cheap too, but for allergies it works well and no developments of allergies here, so would rate this a total of 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2931101313400331/k2311a1031/10.31.10