Maybelline Mineral Power Blush in Healthy Glow
  • The price was certainly right at a just $5.99CDN cheap for a mineral product so I decided to buy it
  • I think this bright pink band is what threw me a lttle as it reflects against the blush product making it look a brighter pink than it actually is
  • To my suprise I found there were only five small holes in the shape of a star which the mineral blush could come through
  • This really impressed me, because now I only needed one blush that I could deepen at my choice, instead of buying several different ones

• by Melissa Glenn

I only recently got into the mineral makeup trend and decided I needed a mineral blush. My Cosmetician recommended Maybelline Mineral Power Blush in Healthy Glow. I have always been a big fan of the Maybelline brand of cosmetics and have bought many of them over the years. I was however; initially hesitant to buy this mineral blush in Healthy Glow because it just looked so bright through the glass jar.

My Cosmetician was quick to assure me that the bright pink shade I could see through the small plastic jar was actually a lot paler when you put it on your skin. The price was certainly right at a just $5.99CDN cheap for a mineral product so I decided to buy it.I was

just hoping she was right about the shade!

I have to say the packaging of this small Maybelline product is quite attractive. The jar is only a few milligrams and is a clear but thick plastic with a thick bottom so it rests securely on surfaces. The twist off tip is black and encircled by a half centimeter pink band. I think this bright pink band is what threw me a lttle as it reflects against the blush product making it look a brighter pink than it actually is.

When I got the black screw cap off, I had to remove a piece of tape that was over the blush. To my suprise I found there were only five small holes in the shape of ...

• a star which the mineral blush could come through. I had to shake the Maybelline jar just slightly to get a few grains of this mineral power blush to come up through the holes. This Maybelline product states that it contains ‘micro minerals’ and this is certainly an accurate description as the grains of this healthy glow blush were very very small.

When I tried applying this Maybelline Mineral Power Blush in Healthy Glow with a traditional blush brush I found all I got were bright streaks of pink! I looked like a clown. So I decided to fine tune my efforts and apply it with my fingertips using circular motions while I rubbed it into my cheeks. This really worked! Depending on how

much of the blush I used I could get a very soft glow, a deeper glow for office wear, or a bit of a brighter glow for night time. This really impressed me, because now I only needed one blush that I could deepen at my choice, instead of buying several different ones.

This is a really great product from Maybelline. Once you learn how to apply it you can control your blush coverage like I do. I also find using a wet small sponge is good if you accidentally put too much on. That said, I do feel Maybelline should have included some sort of applicator with this mineral power product, if it had I would have given this product a perfect rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131101313380331/k2311a1031/10.31.10