Kroger Brand Whole Chicken  » Food  »
  • I was standing in the meat department trying to find main courses for the other four of us and I made some interesting discoveries
  • I left it thawed and I found a really easy way to make it

• by makeithappen

I am always looking for cheap ways to feel a family of 5. Of course one of them is a vegetarian so it does not make it easy. I was standing in the meat department trying to find main courses for the other four of us and I made some interesting discoveries. When I compared the unit price I discovered that a whole chicken is a lot cheaper. I Googled on my

phone and found that the weight of bone does not offset the meat. That means a whole chicken is the cheapest way to buy chicken. Only one problem with that. I had no idea how to make a whole chicken.

I compared a whole Tyson chicken with a whole Kroger Brand Chicken. The Kroger brand chicken was almost identical to the Tyson chicken only cheaper. So I picked up the Korger brand whole ...

• chicken and thought I would give it a go. I left it thawed and I found a really easy way to make it. The chicken was easy to work with and very fresh. I soaked the chicken in a big bowl of salt water for 2 hours. This gets the “Wild taste” out of meat. It also helps make it tender. I then pulled up the skin and placed seasoning and butter
        between the skin and the chicken.

I then took butter seasoning and flower to cover the outside of the chicken. In the end the chicken was fantastic. I only paid about 4 dollars for the whole chicken and it fed the 4 of us who eat meat with leftovers to make chicken salad sandwiches for lunch the next day. I am very happy to say that Kroger’s whole chicken are high quality and taste great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2731101313190331/k2311a1031/10.31.10