Acer Aspire AS6930  » Laptops  »
  • The first thing I noticed is how light this laptop is
  • I think one of the things that impressed me the most about this computer is the subwoofers and the speakers
  • My other larger laptop (also an Acer) does not have the best sound quality
  • Over all I love this computer and outside of the two small issues I am very happy with the addition to my laptop family

• by makeithappen

I love laptops. Maybe I love them a little too much. One of these days I will actually tell myself no when I see a new laptop that I just have to have! I am not up to three laptops and using two. I won’t be using the old Dell anymore because it is just to outdated for me. I guess I have become an Acer girl because I now own two Acer computers. This review is for the Acer Aspire AS6930. I actually bought it because it was on sale at NewEgg. They are not going to sell the Acer Aspire AS6930 anymore and they were getting rid of the last few pretty cheap.

The first thing I noticed is how light this laptop is. It is 7.5lbs and very small as far as laptops go. I keep my other, larger, laptop at home and that is what I

use when I am at home and I keep the Acer Aspire AS6930 in its bag and take it with me when I leave the house. I was going to get a netbook because I just wanted something small and easy to take with me. Something with no bells or whistles that would get me up and running on the internet. Of course this computer is so much better than a netbook because it has 320gb hard drive and 4 gb of ram and a lot of other nice things too.

I think one of the things that impressed me the most about this computer is the subwoofers and the speakers. My other larger laptop (also an Acer) does not have the best sound quality. I had to get a pair of off board speakers just so I could make use of it. This little doll is quite the opposite ...

• and has really fantastic sound quality. Something else I really liked about this Acer is that it has number keys like my other Acer. Many other brands do not have a full numeric key pad and make you use a function set up. On my old dell the function set up was a pain to use and in the end I used it maybe 1 time the whole time I had it. The fact that this Acer has it is a big plus because it makes my life much easier. It has taken some time to get used to but that is alright with me.

Now I would rate this as a ten but I do have two small complaints. One is that the battery life is only about 2 hours and I would have liked it to be longer. Someone told me I should use the computer with out

the battery as often as possible and just plug it in because it makes Acer computers last longer. I have not tried this advice but I am considering removing the battery anytime I am close to a plug. I have found ways to make it last a little longer like changing the screen resolution, brightness, and changing the wall paper settings.

The other thing that I am not thrilled over is that the computer already looks a little worn. It does not interfere with usage though. The keys are fine it is the area around the touchpad I mean. Instead of having all of the info printed on the computer it was on a sticker which peeled off and left spots were the computer is lighter and darker. Over all I love this computer and outside of the two small issues I am very happy with the addition to my laptop family.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6331101313170331/k2311a1031/10.31.10