Anaprox (Naproxen Sodium)  » Medicine  »
  • This little blue pills have changed how I experience my periods
  • I like that I don't get any other side-effects from them, and I know that they are almost a 'magic bullet' for those days when I am experiencing pain and cramping

• by gallopmonkey

I peridically suffer from debilitatingly bad menstrual cramps, and have often be laid out on the couch or in bed, on the point of vomiting from pain. Nothing helps, and after having tried all the conventional painkillers, had essentially given up and resigned myself to this awful fate every few months.

Thank goodness I talked to my doctor, who wrote me a prescription for Anaprox. This little blue pills have changed how I experience my periods. At

the first sign of cramps or pain, I take a pill and sit down and rest, and almost every time, the cramps disappear or do not develop into anything severe. As the pills are a little large, I usually cut them in half and take them, which makes them easier to swallow. I always take them with milk, as they can cause heartburn if not properly coated and digested, so I usually eat something ...

• as well. They are flavourless and I find they work quite quickly - I usually notice my symptoms disappearing after about 15 minutes, or easing after 30 minutes if I took a pill when the cramps were severe. I like that I don’t get any other side-effects from them, and I know that they are almost a ‘magic bullet’ for those days when I am experiencing pain and cramping.

As these pills are actually an anti-inflamatory, I

have used them in other cases, such as after dental surgery. I really don’t know what I’d do without them, as I’ve had many days when, if not for the pills, I would have been totally incapable of even standing up.

These pills seem to ease pain that neither Advil nor Ibuprofen can help. I make sure I carry them with me at all times ‘just in case’ and tell all my female friends to ask their doctors about them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2631101312680231/k2311a1031/10.31.10