ABC by the Singing Group The Jackson Five  » Music  »
  • I like to look back on the past and remember what it was like just to be a kid
  • Of course, that could be that I think that because I was just about seven years old at the time and life was an innocent time for me
  • No matter what you think of Michael Jackson now or what you think of the Jackson family as a whole, you cannot dispute that they put out some amazing songs in the 1970's when they were fresh on the scene

• by Dawn

The song ABC was recorded in 1970 which seems like a hundred years ago. Time really flies and though Michael Jackson and his brothers changed a lot in the years to follow, this song always remains true to what image we had of the Jackson family back in the early 1970’s. ABC is an upbeat song that always gets my feet moving. I love this song from start to finish. My brother and I used to dance on top of my mother’s dining room table to

this song, trying to get every step down that the Jackson Five did when they sang it on television.

This song was released in a much more innocent time in my life. I hold on to it because of that. I like to look back on the past and remember what it was like just to be a kid. This song is a fun song about being in love. It rocks a beat from the second it starts and doesn’t stop until the songs very last beat. Michael ...

• Jackson is a much younger voice then. His brothers are right there singing along with him. Michael really gets into the song about midway and gets just a tad bossy with the girl he is talking to. It’s a great song from a more innocent era in American history. Of course, that could be that I think that because I was just about seven years old at the time and life was an innocent time for me.

If this song doesn’t get you up and dancing and singing,

nothing will. It isn’t a long song. Most songs of that era weren’t. It is a short 2 minute and 59 second song. You can’t get away with less than 3 and a half minutes on a song today. This was a great song from a great era. No matter what you think of Michael Jackson now or what you think of the Jackson family as a whole, you cannot dispute that they put out some amazing songs in the 1970’s when they were fresh on the scene.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1431101312560231/k2311a1031/10.31.10