Scotch Packaging Tape (22.2 YD)
  • The quality of the tape was amazing compared to the cheap brands
  • I don't think I will be able to buy that cheap stuff again

• by CoffeeBreak

I always try to keep clear packaging tape on hand. It always comes in handy. I use it to seal packages before I send them, keeping dirt and dust out of the package and making sure it is secure. I also use it to tape up boxes that I am putting into storage.

Being the frugal person that I am, I usually buy a no-name brand or the cheapest

brand of packaging tape. I don’t need the fancy stuff, the cheap stuff seems to get the job done just fine.

I recently saw that Scotch packaging tape was on sale and I also had a coupon, which made it a very good deal. So I went ahead and got some. This is a small roll of clear tape with a built-in dispenser with a blade for cutting the tape easily. I expected this to be just the same as the cheap tape I usually buy, but I was pleasantly surprised. This was much better!

First, the roll I buy just comes on a roll and I usually have to find the end of the roll and peel the tape off, usually tearing the tape in the process. This is a pet peeve of mine! But this ...

• Scotch Packaging Tape (22.2 YD)
      tape comes with the special mechanism for easy dispensing that gently holds the tape off the roll so the end is available when you need to use it again. Also, the blade came in very handy and worked excellently for a quick and easy cut of the tape.

The quality of the tape was amazing compared to the cheap brands. The tape feels much more sturdy and good quality.

It almost feels slightly less sticky than the cheap brands that get stuck to everything and then won’t come off. This tape is quality and great to work with. I don’t think I will be able to buy that cheap stuff again. I feel spoiled with Scotch packaging tape, and it feels like a luxury compared to what I had been using. I give it my highest rating!

Tony Summers says :

re : I don’t think I will be able to buy that cheap stuff again
Agree with the review here. The other generic brands are flimsy and more frustrating than helpful. Scotch packing tape took a more ergonomic approach and it s much easier to use. Not sure if it is, but it seems like a thicker or more heavy gage to the tape so it feels a bit more secure. It s worth the extra buck or two versus the generic. That s not always this case but in this case it is.

Shayna says :

re : I don’t think I will be able to buy that cheap stuff again
It sticks well to packages and has strong hold.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1231101312550231/k2311a1031/10.31.10