Gwaltney Hardwood Smoked Bacon  » Food  »
  • I love bacon and I love just about every type
  • I decided to try Gwaltney Hardwood Bacon to see if I would like the smoked hardwood taste
  • I paid about $3.58 for a pound of bacon which is comparable to other bacons that I have bought before
  • It was a while though because I like my bacon nice and crispy
  • I know that bacon is just a great way to clog the arteries and I will probably regret that I have loved bacon so much over the years, but for right now, I still love it and will continue to eat this Gwaltney Hardwood Smoked Bacon for quite a while

• by Dawn

I love bacon and I love just about every type. I decided to try Gwaltney Hardwood Bacon to see if I would like the smoked hardwood taste. I paid about $3.58 for a pound of bacon which is comparable to other bacons that I have bought before. It seemed like a fair price so it only made sense to give it a try.

When I cooked the bacon up, it smelled so good with the

hardwood smell coming through very clearly. I couldn’t wait until it was done cooking so I could taste it. It was a while though because I like my bacon nice and crispy. It was finally done so I placed it on a paper towel to let the grease drip off of it a bit. Bacon is really bad for you health wise, but I just can’t help but eat some good bacon every now and ...

• then. I particularly liked this bacon with the hardwood smoked flavor. It was absolutely delicious. I usually just eat regular bacon but the hardwood flavor has convinced me that there are far better tastes out there to be had. I had the bacon on a sandwich and it was an absolutely amazing burst of flavor that you just can’t get from regular flavored bacon.

I would recommend this bacon flavor from Gwaltney to anyone who enjoys

eating bacon. It might not be the healthiest of foods in the world, but it sure does give you a lot of pleasure to eat it. I know that bacon is just a great way to clog the arteries and I will probably regret that I have loved bacon so much over the years, but for right now, I still love it and will continue to eat this Gwaltney Hardwood Smoked Bacon for quite a while.

Cindi says :

I purchased this brand of bacon for the first time, sold at Walmart. Nice huh? Anyway it was 2.50 for 1 pound. Purchased bacon yesterday and cooked it up this morning. At first, the smell was excellent, couldn`t wait to eat it. Then smell started to go away, but first I thought it was just me getting use to the smell. Then I tasted it…. There was something wrong with the bacon, tasted like it had horseradish in it, and my husband tasted it before I said anything to him and he spit it out, said it tasted like it was synthetic. The entire batch was tossed in the garbage. I do not recommend this bacon to anyone.

G M Burton says :

I have used Gwaltney bacon for many years. I always make sure I get the package that is marked no sugar added. Needing to remove sugar from my diet lead me to the Gwaltney brand. I don’t recall ever buying a package that was not up to quality. Perhaps you bought a package that was out of date or even wasn’t stored properly. It might not be the product but the seller at fault.

D.Hodge says :

Purchased Gwaltney Hardwood Bacon last week. It was decently priced so it caught my eye. However, when I opened the pack and began to pull the strips of bacon apart it was stringy and very very thin. The worse bacon ever Cooking it was like cooking corn beef hash because it couldn’t hold its shape. Will never buy this again

Alfred Hill says :

Good taste,but cut too thin and falls apart.Had to thru away. Dont buy any hardwood smoked

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2731101312360231/k2311a1031/10.31.10