Skullcandy Ink’d SC Blue In-Ear Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • The sound quality was very good for both classical, rap, and rock music, though I found that rock music sounded slightly raspy
  • The price is I highly recommend these earphones, and they are the best I have tried so far

• by littlelily

After the white earbuds that came with my Apple iPod Nano finally broke, I went out searching for a good pair of earphones. At Best Buy, I was recommended to purchase the Skullcandy Ink’d In-Ear Headphones, which were apparently the most popular-selling earbuds. I purchased a pair of blue metallic ones to match my blue iPod.

My first impressions were that the package was ridiculously hard to open. Normally, the kind of thick plastic used to package these earphones

are used for more expensive products, like Texas Instruments calculators. A nice touch was the extra silicone replacements for the earbuds.

Since these were my first in-ear headphones, I had some trouble fitting them into my ears. They were slightly uncomfortable at first, but after a few minutes, they molded to my ears. These earphones block outside sound and noises incredibly well, so you don’t need to turn up the volume too high.

The sound quality was very ...

• good for both classical, rap, and rock music, though I found that rock music sounded slightly raspy. This was easily adjusted using the functions on my iPod.

One annoyance is that the earbuds (especially the silicone) picks up earwax and dust rather quickly. Though this is not really preventable, the inside of the earphones are hard to clean carefully.

I have had these earphones for quite a while now (about a year or so) and they are still in

perfect condition. I have not needed to replace the silicone covers, unlike with most other earbuds I have tried, which shred in a month or so. The price is

I highly recommend these earphones, and they are the best I have tried so far. The design is cute (even the skull logo), and the earphones are available in many designs and colors to match your iPod. The sound quality is good and they are very durable, especially for the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1629101312031131/k2311a1029/10.29.10