Robert Pattinson on portraying Edward Cullen in the Movie Twilight  » People  »
2.5
  • I, myself was shocked when I found out that Robert Pattinson will be playing as Edward Cullen in the novel inspired movie Twilight
  • I admit I lose my appetite to watch Twilight because the character that I love failed my expectations
  • I do not want to sound bad, of course, there are other fans who appreciate him being the best one to play that role, but I feel there is something good and bad on him for portraying that role

• by grecy

I, myself was shocked when I found out that Robert Pattinson will be playing as Edward Cullen in the novel inspired movie Twilight. I am seeing some male artist to portray this character as someone who is charming and remarkable. It is like when you first saw him he will start to fantasize that you are his Bella and he will be present in any of your dreams. I expected I will get mesmerized by the male who will portray Edward, but as soon as I heard

and even read the name Robert Pattinson, I was having a goose bump.

Robert Pattinson is a good actor, but for real I do not appreciate him as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter because I am not a Harry Potter fan. I only looked for his previous face and wonder how he gets matured when he played Edward. I admit I lose my appetite to watch Twilight because the character that I love failed my expectations.

I do not want to sound bad, of course, there are other fans ...

• who appreciate him being the best one to play that role, but I feel there is something good and bad on him for portraying that role. The good are he is gorgeous, but not as beautiful as the book describe Edward. Are his voice is to die for? I did not die but maybe. His eyes are jewels, maybe. His body is well sculpted, no but he has nice body though. Are his hair are neat? No, it is wild and he has to put on head band
        to maintain the greasy look. On the personal side, did I fell in love with Edward in this film? No, nor I did not had a nightmare after watching the film. Maybe he is not my type or he never was.

However, as he grew older doing this film, portraying the same character, I get used to seeing him. He did act well on Eclipse and I am kind a little excited to see Breaking Dawn. He can be okay for the part but not the best to portray it.

Andrew Leither says :

I have seen the movie “Twilight,” and thought that with Robert Pattinson played a great role as Edward Cullen. Maybe I was just in a different mood and right frame of mind at the time but a very good actor, maybe somewhat full of himself.

ReadingBug says :

Before Twilight, I had no idea who Robert Pattinson was. I thought he did an excellent job as Edward Cullen given the fact that there was a new director and production crew every movie. I think he takes direction well and he made Edward Cullen is own. I also read the Twilight books, and I never fully had a picture of Edward until the Twilight movie franchise began. I don t think any other actor would have fit this role as perfectly as Robert Pattinson.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5229101311441031/k2311a1029/10.29.10