(Brussels) Le Villance Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
Boulevard du Souverain 274, 1160 Auderghem, Brussels, Belgium
  • The location is quite convenient for us as it is already near to the Ring or the E40 highway
  • But, as I knew that we would be arriving late with the traffic, my husband and I decided to eat first
  • The best thing to do is to mention this immediately when you order your tuna like you would order you Chateaubriand or steak (well done, medum rare, rare)
  • It made me regret my decision to take a soup
  • A meal for two may cost you about € 54-60 with some drinks and no dessert

• by bethbarl

Another restaurant which is around the Chaussee de Wavre area is Le Villance. The location is quite convenient for us as it is already near to the Ring or the E40 highway. In fact, the first time I went there, I was on my way back to Luxembourg. But, as I knew that we would be arriving late with the traffic, my husband and I decided to eat first.

I find this restaurant quite spacious as they have a big terrace for those who want to dine (or smoke) outside and inside, there is space for at least 20 tables. We usually get a corner table which

I find comfortable – enough leg room and comfortable chairs.

The waiter looks really serious but is quite friendly (we had the same one now on the last 2 occasions I was there in this restaurant). Service is quite quick with respect to the drinks and usually, the waiter is there instantly to get the food orders.

However, the food can take some time. The first time I ate there with the kids, the food arrived after half an hour which is a bit long. When I was there last Tuesday (this week), it was quicker.

Le Villance serves a mixture of Belgian/French cuisine. The menu card is not expansive but contains the usual, soups, starters (both hot and cold), fish, poultry and seafood. At this time of the year, there is also a menu card dedicated to meat from the hunting season (deer, wild pigs, hare and the like).

On both occasions, I took the same starter - fish soup which is good less the fish (there is absolutely nothing in it not even the shadow of some shrimps or crevettes). I also tried their tuna which I had to give back for further cooking as half of it was raw ( I do not like raw meat in any form).

• (Brussels) Le Villance Restaurant
      The best thing to do is to mention this immediately when you order your tuna like you would order you Chateaubriand or steak (well done, medum rare, rare).

I also tried their Vol au Vent (chicken) with poularde (female chicken) and although it was very good, it was overwhelming and too much. It made me regret my decision to take a soup. The strange thing for me is that in Brussels restaurants, salad is always a side order and not part of the meal. I was always used to getting a salad as an accompaniment for my main dish. Not having salad with this rich dish only

contributes to the feeling of heaviness and both my husband and I did not manage to finish our main dishes. Earlier, he took the chicon (chicoree) soup which is also heavy with cream.

Prices are a bit more expensive here in this restaurant than at the Caruso for instance. A meal for two may cost you about € 54-60 with some drinks and no dessert. This is not a bad restaurant - the location is convenient (no parking though), the food is good, service is average, the place is reasonably clean. I would go back there if there is no restaurant anymore to try in the Auderghem area.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 728101311051131/k2311a1028/10.28.10