Tussy Anti Perspirant and Deodorant Roll On 1.7 oz  » Health  »
  • In fact, I almost never used roll on products– because I found them sticky and wet and difficult to get dry
  • Since this product was very inexpensive, I decided to give it a try
  • The real issue, of course, is how well does it work

• by reviewabit

When I was shopping recently in a Bargain Town store, I happened to see a roll on antiperspirant/deodorant that I had never tried. It was Tussy roll on, with the red cap. I knew it had been around for years, as I had seen it on the shelves many times, but never found it appealing enough to try because of its unfamiliarity. In fact, I almost never used roll on products– because I found them sticky and wet and difficult to get dry.

But, a year ago I tried a roll on that had come from a hospital, and I was pretty pleased with it.

Since this product was very inexpensive, I decided to give it a try. If I didn’t care for it, there was very little lost.

The ingredients were pretty standard–it was aluminum chlorohydrate based, and it was made in the USA. That’s a plus. When I got it home I opened it out of curiosity to see what the fragrance was like.

It was labeled “original fresh spice” so I assume this is what the product has always smelled like. I rolled a little onto the back of my hand and took a sniff. It does smell spicy.

Although nothing on the label really ...

• indicates whether it is intended for men or women, I would think this fragrance better suited to a male. However, it could work for women too, especially if they were fond of spicier scents like Shalimar or Opium. The Tussy doesn’t exactly smell like either of those, but it would “match” them well.

The real issue, of course, is how well does it work? I used the product the next morning after my shower. It rolls on evenly and smoothly. It is a little sticky, as most roll ons are.

However, it didn’t take very long to dry at all, and once it did,

it felt dry. I didn’t feel like I had wet glue under my arms like some roll ons can make me feel! I felt pretty comfortable with it throughout the day. At the end of the day, I did the “sniff test” on myself and my clothes and I have to say it did an excellent job.

For a product that is incredibly inexpensive, it really did just as well as any other brand of antiperspirant/deodorant I have tried, and I include solids and sprays in that group as well. I think it’s a great bargain. If you don’t mind a pleasantly spicy scent, it’s a fantastic bargain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428101310281031/k2311a1028/10.28.10