TheraFlu Flu & Sore Throat Powder Mix, Apple Cinnamon Flavor  » Medicine  »
  • An hour or so after drinking the mix, my head hurt less, and I found it a bit easier to breathe through my nose
  • I took the product over the next few days and enjoyed drinking it each time
  • I did not experience any drowsiness with the product, nor any unwanted side effects
  • I think it’s nice to have a cold medicine that is taken as a pleasant warm drink
  • I recommend Thera Flu– but even more, I recommend getting a flu shot so you don’t have to buy it

• by reviewabit

The last time I had a really bad flu, a friend brought me a box of this Thera Flu product. I was so grateful because I was too sick to leave the house!

I had not used Thera Flu in years– not since it first came on the market. I knew it will still popular though.

The ingredients are basic– acetaminophen for fever and pain, a decongestant and an antihistamine. I had my friend make a cup of the Thera Flu for me to drink.

It was warm and soothing, with a spicy apple cider sort of flavor. My throat did burn a

little when I swallowed it.

(This was not unexpected, my throat was very sore) I would think the makers of a product labeled for sore throat would have come up with a flavor that was not spicy or acidic, but I suppose it has to be strong enough to mask the “medicine” taste, and it was. It still felt nice because it was warm.

An hour or so after drinking the mix, my head hurt less, and I found it a bit easier to breathe through my nose. The sore throat was about the same.

To be fair to Thera Flu, it was one of ...

• those cases of sore throat that nothing seems to help. Sometimes it just has to go away on its own.

I took the product over the next few days and enjoyed drinking it each time. It gave pretty predictable results.

It works within about an hour, reduces headache and body pains, opens the sinuses a bit, and helps with sneezing. I did not experience any drowsiness with the product, nor any unwanted side effects.

I think it’s nice to have a cold medicine that is taken as a pleasant warm drink. If you do the math, you probably save a lot

of money if you buy a tablet form of cold remedy, and drink hot tea instead.

However, liquefying the drugs does get them into your system faster, and there is just something soothing about drinking your medicine. It makes you feel like you can sense it working.

That’s probably all nothing more than a placebo effect, but what’s the harm in that when you feel so lousy?

I think Thera Flu is great and I would buy it again for a miserable case of cold or flu. I recommend Thera Flu– but even more, I recommend getting a flu shot so you don’t have to buy it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2628101310251031/k2311a1028/10.28.10