Equate Tussin DM Cough Non-Drowsy Cough Suppressant  » Medicine  »
  • I have found that store brands are more cost effective in many ways and cough medicines might well be too
  • I found Equate Tussin DM when I was looking for a good cough suppressant in a liquid form
  • I paid $4.12 for the Equate brand at Walmart
  • I then took some of the Equate Tussin and it definitely worked the way it was supposed to
  • I would recommend this medication for anyone who uses Robitussin instead

• by Dawn

I don’t like to spend anymore money than I have to in order to feel better. If I can save a dollar or two along the way, that is what I will do. I have found that store brands are more cost effective in many ways and cough medicines might well be too. I found Equate Tussin DM when I was looking for a good cough suppressant in a liquid form. It was exactly the same thing as the Robitussin which is the name brand for the same thing. I paid $4.12 for the Equate brand at Walmart. That seems like a reasonable price compared to the name brand pricing.

I picked up the bottle and went home. I opened the package and read

the directions for use. I then took some of the Equate Tussin and it definitely worked the way it was supposed to. I wouldn’t give you much for the taste of it. That goes with any cough medications that I have ever taken. I haven’t liked cough medicine tastes since I was a little girl. I did notice that it worked well in keeping the cough down to a minimum. I was no longer coughing and I can tell you that it was a major relief. I was so relieved to see that I had found something at a much lower cost than the name brand that did exactly the same thing. That sometimes works out well and at other times it doesn’t.

• It all depends on what it is you are talking about. I would definitely purchase this product again. I don’t need to take cough medications often, but when I do need them, I need it to be something very strong. This cough medicine was definitely strong enough. I also liked that I didn’t have to worry about falling to sleep after taking it. There is a time to take the medications that will help you sleep, but I don’t really care for those types of formulas. It takes too much control away from me. I would rather take the non-drowsy formula and fall asleep on my own.

I would recommend this medication for anyone who uses Robitussin instead. It works just as good and

you will save a couple of dollars in the long run. I would suggest that you ask your doctor before taking any medications if you are already taking other types of medications. You want to make sure that you are being safe in the process of trying to feel better. Your doctor can make recommendations if this medication won’t work with the medications you are already on. Other than that, the Equate brand of Tussin is just as good as the Robitussin brand name and you should give it a try if you already use the Robitussin. You will love the savings and the way you feel after you have taken the medication. It is well worth the savings you get and the way you feel afterwards.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2628101310031031/k2311a1028/10.28.10