Old English Furniture Polish
2.5
  • I decided to try Old English Furniture Polish on a whim that I had while shopping at the grocery store one day
  • It did get the dust up, that wasn't the problem at all
  • I know that is wasteful, but I didn't see the point in keeping it because there was no way that I would use something that left greasy streaks all over my furniture
  • I was greatly disappointed in this furniture polish
  • It smelled like a cleaning product and I like the way Pledge smells

• by Dawn

Every once in a while I will decide to try something new. I have used Pledge Furniture Polish most of my life to clean up my furniture. I decided to try Old English Furniture Polish on a whim that I had while shopping at the grocery store one day. I paid $4.14 for a 12.5 oz. can. I had hoped that it would work as well as Pledge always had for me. After all, furniture polish is furniture polish, right? I guess I would find out.

The next time that I cleaned the furniture, I used Old English instead of my old faithful polish. I truly didn’t think that furniture polishes could be so different. I really didn’t care for Old English. It left too much of

a greasy look on the furniture rather than looking like it was clean. I don’t care for that look and decided that I wouldn’t use it again. It did get the dust up, that wasn’t the problem at all. It was the fact that there was so much oil left over after I finished using it. I didn’t even use it on the rest of the furniture. I threw the can away and got out my old faithful cleaner. I know that is wasteful, but I didn’t see the point in keeping it because there was no way that I would use something that left greasy streaks all over my furniture. I was greatly disappointed in this furniture polish. To me, it was a horrible mistake ...

• that I won’t make again. I will just stick with the furniture polish that I have always used and that has worked well for me for many years, including when I was a child still living at home. I don’t know what possesses me sometimes when it comes to things like that. Impulse buying at it’s best.

I would not recommend this product for anyone to use on their furniture. Some people must like it because it has been on the market for many years. I didn’t care for it at all and unless you want your furniture to end up looking like a grease pit, don’t use Old English Furniture Polish. Use the old faithful brand that leaves the furniture looking shiny as well as keeps

it from looking greasy. I didn’t eve like the smell that it gave. It smelled like a cleaning product and I like the way Pledge smells. It has the nice lemony smell that makes me feel like the house is clean. I guess I am just partial to my old cleaner and wish to keep it around. I shouldn’t have bothered to try anything else because I have always loved the one that I have used since I was a little girl. Old English Furniture Polish just isn’t what I would have liked it to have been. It was worth a try but I will never do it again. Don’t get that same itch that I got to change the polish you already use. It isn’t worth it.

CCRYDER says :

re : I was greatly disappointed in this furniture polish
    WILL STAIN CLOTHES
    If applied to arm chairs, for example, If someone with covered arms sits down, this product will rub off on their clothing Especially If clothing is,say, damp from rain. Ruined an expensive, lovely light blue sweater I wore to attorney’s office .

Museums warn employees never, every to use this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328101309911031/k2311a1028/10.28.10