Ajax with Bleach Cleanser  » Housewares  »
  • I have gotten used to the smell of it because I actually find that I like the smell
  • The thing that I dislike about Ajax is that the powder can get up in my nose when I am trying to use it because it poofs out of the bottle sometimes
  • That leaves a gritty feeling in the tub and I don't like the cleaner being left there
  • I would recommend keeping a bottle of Ajax in the house

• by Dawn

I have used Ajax Cleanser since I went into housekeeping in 1984. My mother always had it in the house to use for scrubbing the tubs and sinks. I guess I picked it up from her. Today’s Ajax has bleach in it to help get tough stains out without having to work nearly as hard to get it out. I pay $1.12 for a 28 oz. bottle today. That is an excellent price for a cleaner in today’s market and it is also an essential for many cleaning jobs.

I don’t use Ajax quite as often as my mother did when I was growing up. It can be very hard on surfaces such as the bathtub and the sinks. I sometimes use it to get the

tougher stains out, but other than that, I don’t use it much. It is just far too abrasive. I do like Ajax cleanser though. I have gotten used to the smell of it because I actually find that I like the smell. It brings back memories of home. The thing that I dislike about Ajax is that the powder can get up in my nose when I am trying to use it because it poofs out of the bottle sometimes. I try to just put a little bit in a damp rag and get it wet before trying to scrub with it. Getting it wet first makes it just a little less abrasive. I have gotten into using softer products for cleaning now that I am ...

• older and those products are available. My mother still uses Ajax faithfully for bathtub cleaning and things like that. I don’t use it nearly as much as I would if I followed her lead. It just isn’t the exact cleaner that I want to use. It is hard to rinse out once you use it to clean with as well. That leaves a gritty feeling in the tub and I don’t like the cleaner being left there. I will still use it for certain jobs but it just takes a back seat to some of the softer cleaners.

I would recommend keeping a bottle of Ajax in the house. It does help with several different types of jobs and it’s just nice to know that it is

there in case I need to use it for something. I will continue to keep a bottle of the Ajax around because I do like it for some things and you will like it as well. I just won’t need to purchase it as much as I have to purchase other cleaners. It works great on other surfaces besides sinks and tubs too. It will work on the garage floor to get up grease stains or even on concrete outside if there are stains you want to try to get out. It all depends on what you need to get clean in how often you will need to purchase it. I don’t usually use that much of it and can usually get away with purchasing it only once a year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328101309881031/k2311a1028/10.28.10