Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit Strappleberry Chewing Gum
  • I purchased Wrigley's Juicy Fruit Strappleberry flavored gum to fill my gum chewing need for the day
  • However, putting personal likes aside, this is a nice, smooth chewing gum that does retain some level of flavor throughout

• by Andi Bryant
      I should probably not watch television as much as I do because one is never sure what they will learn. I stumbled across a program about how chewing gum is made and was educated in the fact that the gum base is a mixture of rubber and plastic, unlike the gum tree base that was used long ago. So I was a bit hesitant to buy some gum

for an upcoming jury duty call, but, since I smoke, and like all other smokers, gum soothes the urge to smoke when you are in a position where you cant.

I purchased Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit Strappleberry flavored gum to fill my gum chewing need for the day. It has been a long time since I’ve purchased gum, and although the Juicy Fruit name was familiar, the packaging has changed dramatically since my last purchase.

I chose this particular brand because it was a staple to me when I was younger. I stayed with it.

Packaging is now in a foil wrapped pop out package of 12 pieces rather than the old stick packaging. The flavor was okay at best, certainly fruity in flavor.

Once the initial burst is chewed away, it has an almost metallic ...

• Wrigley's Juicy Fruit Strappleberry Chewing Gum
      hint to its vague flavor following. That lighter flavor stays with the gum until you choose to dispose of it.

The chew of the product remains soft and doesn’t form that hard flavorless chew after a while. Perhaps my flavor choice has changed over the years, and I might have been better to choose a bolder flavor, maybe something with cinnamon.

However, putting personal likes aside, this is

a nice, smooth chewing gum that does retain some level of flavor throughout. While I cant fault the product, or any other chewing gum product for that matter, my probability of purchasing this in the future is low, perhaps because of the plastic/rubber composition.

I really have little desire to gnaw on a tire. I might be better to opt for a lifesaver or mint of some sort.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272502130940428/k2311a0225/2.25.07