Avalon Organics Deodorant Spray Lavender 4 fl. oz.  » Cosmetics  »
  • After looking through numerous websites looking for the perfect organic deodorant, I decided to try Avalon Organics' Deodorant Spray in Lavender scent
  • But still, I was on a quest to look for the best organic deodorant
  • But the smell, oh I love the smell of lavender
  • Some things I don't like too much about it are
  • But overall, I do recommend this product to everyone

• by Katherine Rose

After looking through numerous websites looking for the perfect organic deodorant, I decided to try Avalon Organics’ Deodorant Spray in Lavender scent. I went to the nearest Healthy Options store and found the 4 fl. oz. bottle. I was hesitant at first to use only a spray as my deodorant, as I tend to sweat a lot and other supposedly mild brands that are good for the skin and have some whitening effect are not any good for me. But still, I was on a quest to look for the best organic deodorant.

The bottle of deodorant comes in a dark green tinted plastic bottle with a screw on top that has a spray nozzle. It is a clear

bottle, so you can see just how much you have used up. This deodorant is alcohol based, and is made up of only water, alcohol, and natural oils. I looked over this ingredient list and thought, ok, this is safe for me to put on my underarms. Upon spraying it, there’s a cooling feeling that comes from the alcohol content. But this dries and goes away. But the smell, oh I love the smell of lavender! It smells so unlike any solid deodorant you can find in the market. It’s fresh, not nauseating or overpowering. This deodorant, when sprayed thrice per underarm and left on for the whole day will really last you. But ...

• I’m paranoid that I don’t smell fresh enough, and sometimes reapply, which is ok for me, but not that ok because it gets used up.

I remember one time I went around the whole day, very busy, and when I did a sniff test, I still smelled ok. I also use this spray for other things aside from my underams. When a room is not smelling too good, when my clothes smell like food, when my hair smells like food (which I absolutely hate), and also my linens. I just love it! It’s organic, has no parabens, aluminum, propylene glycol, synthetic fragrances or any harsh preservatives. Also, this product is not tested on animals. The bottle is also reusable

and quite pretty, since it’s different from the usual clear plastic bottles.

Some things I don’t like too much about it are: 1. you have to wait for it to dry, if not you feel a little bit sticky while doing your everyday business 2. it’s not really that convenient. I mean, I want it in my bag all the time, and carrying around 4 oz. does add weight to your handbag. Of course this lessens while you use it up, but a new bottle is a little heavy.

3. when you put on the cap, it sometimes clouds up, for some reason I can’t determine.

But overall, I do recommend this product to everyone. It’s safe, eco friendly, no synthetic stuff and smells so good. 10 points!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126101309220831/k2311a1026/10.26.10