Celebrex  » Medicine  »
  • However, given my age (30), I am more concerned with the potential damage that aspirin can do to my stomach after long-term use, than I am with the increased risk of cardiac problems with celebrex

• by booklover
      Celebrex is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that is known as a cox-2 inhibitor. It, and similar drugs like Vioxx and Bextra were developed to provide a better alternative to Aspirin for many arthritis type conditions.

I take it for ankolyzing spondylititis, which is an inflammation of the spine.

I find Celebrex to be highly effective at managing my condition.

I really notice a difference when I go off celebrex for any length of time.

My back can get so bad that I cannot move, but with celebrex I can function fully.

The Cox-2 inhibitors have taken some bad ...

• press for the potentially dangerous side effects, particularly cardiac events.

Bextra and Vioxx have been either taken off the market, or had increased restrictions placed upon them.

It is perhaps not surprising that these drugs had some effects, especially seeing as how they were heavily marketed to seniors as an

arthritis cure.

However, given my age (30), I am more concerned with the potential damage that aspirin can do to my stomach after long-term use, than I am with the increased risk of cardiac problems with celebrex.

I have been taking it for several years, and I expect to take it for many more.

Celebrex

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262502130860428/k2311a0225/2.25.07