Friskies Dental Diet Dry Cat Food  » Pets  »
  • In the past, I have had some luck with getting my cat to eat Friskies dry cat food, so noting that the new Dental Diet food was quite cheap, I decided to give it a try
  • He seems to prefer it as an occasional treat, rather than a regular dish, but since it is a low-cost dry food, I would recommend this to anyone with a cat who does not eat too quickly and likes a little bit of variety

• by blunderkind

My cat is a picky eater, which leads to a constant struggle between him and me when it comes to dry food. In the past, I have had some luck with getting my cat to eat Friskies dry cat food, so noting that the new Dental Diet food was quite cheap, I decided to give it a try. I waited until my cat would be reasonably hungry (not so hungry that he would eat anything) and poured the kibble into his dish.

My immediate reaction was surprise. The food is rather large, about the size of Kix cereal, and

perfectly round. It has a coarse texture, much like cereal as well, and a bland grain-like scent. Like most dry cat food, it has an unappealing brown color. However, I was even more surprised when my cat took a quick sniff of the food, and promptly began eating it. He had a little bit of difficulty with the size of the food - he could only pick up one piece at a time, and it took him a while to chew it enough to swallow it - but seemed to like the flavor. The large size ...

• makes sense, since the food is supposed to promote dental health, and therefore would need to be big enough to force a cat to chew it thoroughly. Still, it seems like a bit of a choking hazard for smaller cats or overzealous eaters.

After a few days, my cat seemed to get tired of the food and reverted to his usual finicky self, but he will still eat this particular dental style of Friskies from time to time. He seems to prefer it as an occasional treat, rather than a regular dish, but since it is a low-cost

dry food, I would recommend this to anyone with a cat who does not eat too quickly and likes a little bit of variety.

I would rate this cat food a seven out of ten - in the end, I saw only a little improvement in my cat’s actual dental health (his teeth were relatively clean in the first place, so I would imagine a cat with dirtier teeth might see more improvement), and the ingredients in this food are not the highest quality ingredients available, but overall I was pleased with my cat’s reaction and healthy appetite towards this particular food.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2926101308460731/k2311a1026/10.26.10